Off Topic? Computers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Firefox crashed, which it never did in XP and it "restored" itself and lost all my bookmarks. There were no options to save. So now I am rebuilding my bookmarks. Man I got some weird ones - ciasteczkowypotwor.pl - try remembering that one. And I had to find the one that does court checks on people. I found two of my ex-bosses on there.

There is more to do but it doesn't have to be done immediately. Much of it I don't use now that I am retired.

Better to have it than to need it.

This happened because of sticky keys, I am disabling that if I have to pull it out of the registry with vise grips.

Actually if anyone needs help on the XP or Vista registry I can.

T

I'm using firefox. Not Chrome. But it has some problems from time to time. However, the best thing to do when you have too many bookmarks is to download the bookmarks file and save it. Or email it to yourself.

One thing we don't use enough is the ability to create unlimited numbers of gmail. Each one offers 15GB. I always email myself everything important. That way I will have back ups if something happens to my computer.

I wouldn't fart around with old copies of Windows. I'd just install Linux Mint. It's light weight compared to Windows, plus it's safe and secure.

I wouldn't fart around with old copies of Windows. I'd just install Linux Mint. It's light weight compared to Windows, plus it's safe and secure.
That's why laptop makers force customers to use Windows by per-installing it. My favourite OS is linux. Anything linux. Ubuntu or anything. But manufacturers install Windows and charge for that. At least here in my country.

I'm using firefox. Not Chrome. But it has some problems from time to time. However, the best thing to do when you have too many bookmarks is to download the bookmarks file and save it. Or email it to yourself.

One thing we don't use enough is the ability to create unlimited numbers of gmail. Each one offers 15GB. I always email myself everything important. That way I will have back ups if something happens to my computer.

I didn't know you could save the file. I got an XP box right here that has most of my stuff. I have had to type things in, get this - ciasteczkowypotwor.pl

Some sites I might never use again, retired.

T

I didn't know you could save the file. I got an XP box right here that has most of my stuff. I have had to type things in, get this - ciasteczkowypotwor.pl

Some sites I might never use again, retired.

T
Yes you can download the bookmarks file.

Open firefox and hit ctrl+h
at the bottom of the pane you'll find "manage bookmarks"
click on that. a new window will open with bookmarks

then click on the "import and backup" on the top left line. Here's a picture of that I took for you.

free upload photos

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom