Nordic Ware Indoor/Outdoor Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds really good, Munky. :yum: Please give a review when all's said and done...I'm really interested in hearing about what you all thought of it! Sounds like you really scored with the 'frost kissed'.

And thank you for that great link - there are some great sounding recipes there. Can't believe after all these years in CA I've never been to Castroville. :ohmy:

Maybe next time your up my way you might like to go the Artichoke festival.
It's one huge event here.Just as much as the Gilroy Garlic Festival.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castroville_Artichoke_Festival

Tyler would love going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Leave your Spider Man fishing pole home.. LOL!

Anyways, the Artichokes turned out great. I always thought it was the law to only steam them. That's how hubby has asked them to be made.

What I did was clean and prep them well. Cut them in half.
They were starting to turn a Little brown while I was getting other things ready. So I rubbed fresh lemon on them, placed them face down on a platter. I got the smoker ready lined the pan with foil and added some water, modified a different rack than the one that came with this smoker. It had more open space for the smoke to get to them.

Brushed them with olive oil. sprinkled on kosher salt, fresh pepper. Then steamed until they were just about 15 minutes from being fully cooked.

I used Pecan instead of apple wood chips. Spooned it all around the pan.
15 minutes of that it was done.

Removed them to a preheated CI pan and grilled away.

Hubby fell in love with them. He'd never had smoked, grilled chokes before. Now he says that's the only way to have them.

They weren't at all over smoked.2 Tablespoons is just enough to give it the right amount.

He had his with some additional fresh squeezed lemon juice and was just in heaven. He ate my Bruchetta to !!!!:mad::LOL:

That wasn't in the plan btw.:huh:

Next time my photographer will be home to take pics. He just happened to walk in as Dad was finishing his.

Yep, I sure would love to head up your way someday Munky, and not only go to both festivals, but the Aquarium too. I'll be sure to tell Tyler to leave his Spiderman pole at home.:ermm: :LOL: LOL

Your dinner sounds wonderful. :yum: I'm so glad you and hubby were happy with it! Thanks so much for sharing your techniques and review. I am so going to have to try that, even if I have to sprinkle soaked wood chips right on the coals. I've never met an artichoke recipe I didn't like. :yum:

Before I purchase anything major, I go to Amazon and read the reviews. I am wondering if anyone has had a paint chipping problem with this item. This seemed to be the major complaint regarding this item. And the fact that some folks had difficulty using it on the stove with inductive cooking.

Hopefully the company has solved these problems by now.

Before I purchase anything major, I go to Amazon and read the reviews. I am wondering if anyone has had a paint chipping problem with this item. This seemed to be the major complaint regarding this item. And the fact that some folks had difficulty using it on the stove with inductive cooking.

Hopefully the company has solved these problems by now.

Addie this isn't a a major appliance. Just a fun stove top smoker.
It's not that expensive.

As far as reviews go. Take them for what the poster is worth.Some have no idea how to use a smoker, let alone a stove top one. I did a quick check. Didn't see any major complaints about the paint chipping? What were they doing to make that happen?

Mine hasn't had that problem it's still in great condition.Used often.
Dishwasher safe.

Remember the Breville pie maker? It to had a few bad reviews.
As I pointed out at the time..."User error" Which is probably the case with people using inductive cook tops... Practice makes perfect.:ermm:

Breville ended up being an in demand product. People had to wait in line. Online...:rolleyes:

Munky Badger

Addie this isn't a a major appliance. Just a fun stove top smoker.
It's not that expensive.

As far as reviews go. Take them for what the poster is worth.Some have no idea how to use a smoker, let alone a stove top one. I did a quick check. Didn't see any major complaints about the paint chipping? What were they doing to make that happen?

Mine hasn't had that problem it's still in great condition.Used often.
Dishwasher safe.

Remember the Breville pie maker? It to had a few bad reviews.
As I pointed out at the time..."User error" Which is probably the case with people using inductive cook tops... Practice makes perfect.:ermm:

Breville ended up being an in demand product. People had to wait in line. Online...:rolleyes:

Munky Badger

I would love to smoke food. But when you set off an alarm in this building (and it is just too dang cold for open windows) it is worse than WWIII. So far I have never had that happen and hope to keep it that way.

Yes, in spite of any bad reviews I would get it.

Back
Top Bottom