Non-Dairy, No Sugar Egg Nog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
We're having company over tonight. I'm making for them a super rich European hot chocolate recipe that I developed some years back. As chocolate is not something I'm supposed to eat, I made a small batch of non-dairy egg nog for myself, and it's yummy. Here's how to make it, for all those who can't drink milk products:

1 pin't original flavor Rice Dream rice milk
1 tsp pure Vanilla extract
3 egg yolks
5 packets Stevia In The Raw
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg (or more to taste)

Heat rice milk to a simmer over medium-low heat. While it's heating, seperate3 eggs. Add the sweetener, and vanilla to the egg yolks, and whisk until silky smooth. Ladle 1/2 cup of the hot rice milk into the egg yolk, while whisking vigorously. Pour the tempered egg yolk into the pan, again whisking vigorously to prevent any egg curds from forming. Add nutmeg, and let cook, while whisking, until the mixture thickens. taste. Correct seasoning. Pour into a blender and blend for one minute to get ride of any scrambled egg particles, and create a silky-smooth egg nog. Pour into a suitable container, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until ready to serve.

This is every bit as good as is egg nog made with milk, or milk and cream. Enjoy.

Seeeeya' Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom