No dining table - What should I serve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something that can be eaten with a fork or spoon without decorating you or the carpet. Take the word of one who has been there - NOT spaghetti!!!

Several people have recommended something you can serve in a bowl which is a very good idea but I don't think the suggestion of fondue is a very good one - it could be dangerous and it falls in the unwelcome decorating criteria.

Enjoy your party.

No table

Well take out would work great, like Pizza. You can have a picnic on the floor on a blanket, sheet, a plastic shower curtain etc ... You an improvise the table issue with several other things such as a cocktail or end table, a cardboard box for the support anything hard! Good Luck!

Been there and if they’re good friends it doesn’t matter you can serve lasagna and garlic bread in a bowl and if the food is delicious it doesn’t matter.

I’d usually avoid little bits of food or use a spoon. As said a chunky stew or a nice casserole maybe taco or pizza casserole but with a good sturdy noodle nothing too small. Rice is a bit tedious when visiting off your lap for me. I’ve always been a huge soup fan. Cottage pie or meat pie saves the bun or side dishes as they’re an all in one go.

I’d wonder what is your best dish people talk about or what’s a dish that takes you and your gang back?

Also chicken wings or ribs! Fill a big tray it’s finger food bones in there bowls and just set out one big bowl for bones on the counter. A nice Pot of pasta with pulled pork served right on top is a crowd pleaser but crazy simple to

Good food and good friends plate or bowl, fork or spoon, table or not it doesn’t matter. If your friends come over for you kitchen table we’ll they’re just weird. Imo

PS poutine is amazing as well

Welcome to DC. My most reqursted pot luck offering would be perfect for your dinner. And it's simple, and easy. I, sugesting Pigs in the Blanket.

Use frozen raw bread dough from the grocers, and full size hot dogs, or Kielbada. Thaw, then roll out the dough to a thin sheet. Plave the meat end to end in one roll, leavining an inch of space betwen links. Roll to completely envelop the
wiener, or sausage, and cut them from the sheet. Pinch the ends togethher on both ends.

Repeat until you have made enogh of them for your guests. Place them as you make them onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and let the dough rise for 20 minutes. Bake st 350' F. until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Set up a table with squirt bottles of condiments.

You can also lay down a slice of American cheese to place the hot dog, or sausage on befoe wraping in dough.

Don't know if this is what you want, but it's eay to make, serve, and eat, and is just another option. No utensiles required for this one.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

kevin, Chief, don't know if you realize that the OP is from 3 years ago.

Despite that, your suggestions are certainly noteworthy and I enjoy(ed) this thread.

That’s what I love about this forum you can find someone’s problem from 3 years ago and take an interest and who knows who you may just help today. It’s a cooking forum it can’t really get out dated. Someone specifically posted a 93 year old Grandma cooking depression style food. It’s all good here imo.

Last edited:
That’s what I love about this forum you can find someone’s problem from 3 years ago and take an interest and who knows who you may just help today. It’s a cooking forum it can’t really get out dated. Someone specifically posted a 93 year old Grandma cooking depression style food. It’s all good here imo.
They probably got a table by now..:LOL:

I know a lot has changed for me I found this site when I was seasonally laid off and cooking food we had was a must and I’ve seen great threads here since. My girlfriend and I had a 1 bedroom apartment and now married married for 8 years in our house. Life’s changed a lot bu DC is still a chill place to hang out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom