New Member Introduction: Greetings from Kushanya Sandamali, a Culinary Enthusiast from Sri Lanka!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, like DL said, I was curious what type of chili you use.

You have an even larger garden than I have! How many types of peppers do you grow? I think I have 19 varieties this season, and a couple that didn't germinate!
Haven't you shared some pix of some of your pepper harvests? One with several different peppers and the names of each kind might make it more clear what you are talking about. Cookingwithsanda may not be familiar with the names we use for various types of peppers.

It's odd, to me, but if you start searching for the kinds of chili peppers grown and exported from Sri Lanka, they call them chili peppers. One site said bird's eye peppers, but that's only one site.
When cultural or export sites talk about chili peppers, that's what they call them, they don't distinguish what kind of chili pepper.
Also Sri Lanka grows spices like black pepper, cardamom, things we don't grow in the US.
It may just be that the OP is growing chili peppers and they don't distinguish between different kinds of chili peppers.
If I asked my neighbors what kind of tomatoes they were growing, they'd say, tomatoes, you know, garden tomatoes.
Buying specific seeds to specific types of peppers might not be something that is available there.

Yes, @taxlady, I have posted a lot of those pepper photos through the years! Here's an "album" from the year when I probably took the most:
Ooh, nice album. And, I see that the captions show when one hovers the cursor over the picture, as well as with the individual pictures when you click on them. This is even better than what I was thinking of. (y)

Yes, like DL said, I was curious what type of chili you use.

You have an even larger garden than I have! How many types of peppers do you grow? I think I have 19 varieties this season, and a couple that didn't germinate!
I apologize for the delay for the reply. Actually I am using MI-2 variety. It is a one of variety of Sri Lanka.

Haven't you shared some pix of some of your pepper harvests? One with several different peppers and the names of each kind might make it more clear what you are talking about. Cookingwithsanda may not be familiar with the names we use for various types of peppers.
Yes. I am not familiar with the names we use for various types of peppers. Thanks.

It's odd, to me, but if you start searching for the kinds of chili peppers grown and exported from Sri Lanka, they call them chili peppers. One site said bird's eye peppers, but that's only one site.
When cultural or export sites talk about chili peppers, that's what they call them, they don't distinguish what kind of chili pepper.
Also Sri Lanka grows spices like black pepper, cardamom, things we don't grow in the US.
It may just be that the OP is growing chili peppers and they don't distinguish between different kinds of chili peppers.
If I asked my neighbors what kind of tomatoes they were growing, they'd say, tomatoes, you know, garden tomatoes.
Buying specific seeds to specific types of peppers might not be something that is available there.

Last edited:
Thanks bliss, that's very interesting.
Hopefully the OP will clear it up.

Is this correct Sanda? We would really like to understand.
In Sri Lanka grow the variety of chilies. Have specific seeds. But i am not familiar with all. I am using MI-2 variety.

Hello everyone,

I'm thrilled to join this vibrant community of food lovers here on DiscussCooking.com. My name is Kushanya Sandamali, and I'm a 26-year-old culinary enthusiast hailing from the beautiful island of Sri Lanka.

I've always had a passion for experimenting with flavors and creating delicious dishes in my kitchen. Today, I wanted to introduce myself by sharing a mouthwatering recipe for "Spicy Sweet Potato Chips." I recently came across this fantastic recipe, and I couldn't resist trying it out. The combination of sweet and spicy flavors really took these chips to another level!​

View attachment 64824

If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm looking forward to connecting with all of you and learning from your culinary adventures.

Thank you for welcoming me into this fantastic community. Let's embark on a delicious journey together!

Best regards,
Kushanya Sandamali​
Hey Kushanya! You seem so friendly :)
I'm new to the forum too

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom