New Idea for Golden Chef Challenge; Chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
As the tenps have colledrightdown, this would be a good time to make chili. I submit the categorie- chili, for a golden chef challenge.

this could have categories such as best tasti g hottest chili, Texas Red, Cincinnati Chili, Chili with beans, and fan favorite. The chili recipes would be submitted, and cooked up, and judged by volunteers. The results would then be posted and ranked for each category. Whatcha think. Could this work as a chili cookoff in these Covid ti es? Judges could be family members of those who prepared the chili recipes.

Other ideas for a theme are also welcome, such as maybe- The best Christmas cookie.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm happy to try another kitchen challenge, but not until the remodel is completed and Christmas preparations are done. In other words, the first of the year, perhaps?

Chili sounds great. Cookies? My baking skills need help. :LOL:

I made some chili today, with some ground venison a friend gave me, which I made some chorizo out of. I made some black bean chili, using the usual onion, garlic, Mexican oregano, 4 different types of chili powder, plus the seasonings in the chorizo. The flavor of the venison was barely noticeable, but it was there, and it was delicious, made into tacos, with crema, onion, queso panela, and leaf lettuce, in corn tortillas.

I have my chili recipe, and am looking forward to someone trying it, and giving their critique on it. It's not as scorching hot as some i've made, but is still pretty hot. S, whoever makes this, know that this isn't chili for those who don't like spicy heat. Though I don't like the flavor of beer, this chili would pair well with that beverage.

As in past Golden Chef challenges, is a mod going to set this contest up, with rules and categories for judging?

Here's my recipe:

This chili features unique flavors of yeast. The best peppers, Masa Harina, and chocolate to create a complex and wonderful chili that is thick, rich, and guaranteed to warm you on a cold day.

12 oz. can diced tomatoes
12 oz, can whole tomatoes, quatered
12oz. can dark red Kidney Beans
12 oz. can Black Beans
2 stalks Celery, sliced
1 lb. ground beef (good quality coarse grind stuff)
2 ea. dried Tabasco Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Anehiem peppers, chopped
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 large onions halved and sliced
1/4 tsp. ground Coriander
2 tsp. ground Cumin
3 tbs. hot Chili Powder
2 tbs. freshly-chopped Cilantro
1 squares unsweetened Baker's Chocolate
¼ tsp 7-pod duglah chili powder
¼ tsp. Ghost pepper powder
¼ tsp. Trinidad Scorpion Maruga powder
¼ tsp. Carolina Reaper powder
1 tbs. Yeast
¼ cup Masa Harina.

Mesquite flavor Liquid Smoke to taste, or better yet, grill the ground beef over smoky hardwood, with the lid down, before breaking up for the chili.

Combine the Masa Harina and yeast in a glass bowl Add enough water to make a thin slurry. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit overnight in thr refrigerator.

Brown The ground beef and set aside. I a large, non-reactive dutch oven, or soup pott add 2 tbs. Of peanut oil, or other high temperature oil. Place the pot over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, and pepper powders. Stir for 3 minutes. Add the onion and celery. Stir for 5 minutes. Add the canned stuff. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low and simmer for two hours, stirring every fifteen minutes or so to prevent burning the chili to the bottom of the pan. Add the Masa Harina and stir for ten minutes. Remove from the heat and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend. When ready to serve, reheat until the chili just starts to gently bubble. Stir and serve piping hot with shredded cheddar, and cornbread.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Here's one of my faves.

OR4D5be.jpg

HQYEga3.jpg

1GuGV2C.jpg

Top with whatever you like. I do like to also add chopped raw onion and cilantro these days, with a little squeeze of lime.

8075778956_ea11d45866_b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom