Need help with baking temp and time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Some how I came across this recipe video.
It gives a visual demonstration of what to do, but there is only music in the background, with no written or verbal instructions ( that I can see or hear). Who ever posted it, speaks another language , so even sifting through the comments, I haven't yet come across what temp to bake this at and for how long.

Basically they boil some carrots and potatoes ( with salt) until soft. Drain. Add fried onion and garlic to it, season and mash up. Then they create like a " Dough ball" out of it. stuff it with cheese and bake until done.

https://www.facebook.com/nisfaldunia/videos/905821849453705/?fref=nf

Just curious ( after watching the video) if anyone has ever made something like this before, and at what temp and for how long they baked it?
Any educated guesses or suggestions welcome.

Larry

3-5 minutes under the broiler.....makes sense. Everything is already cooked 'cept the cheese. Just get it all hot enough to melt the cheese.
Gonna try it.

Tried the broiling method as the video suggests.
Cheese didn't melt.
Put it back in the oven at 375F for another 10 minutes.
Cheese melted
Probably could have used another 5 or 10 minutes.
Next time I shred the cheese, probably would have melted quicker and more evenly.
Also, would consider cheddar cheese next time.

Potatoes still have a mashed potato consistency, but still tastes good.

Consider spicing it up a bit too ( maybe with so Thyme, rosemary or something along those lines)

I think I'd bread it and pop it in the deep fryer! :pig::pig::pig:

Im with ya on that one.
What I had was good
But if breaded and deep fried, would be great :LOL:

The potatoes didn't really firm or crisp up at all ( not that I expected them too). It was more like a lump of mashed potatoes with cheese inside. The consistency as you would think it would be.

Any way that goes through my mind to make them better, makes them more unhealthy:)

Don't get me wrong, the taste was good, just wish the consistency was better

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom