Need help cooking dinner! lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jovin

Senior Cook
I honestly just don't cook for anyone anymore, and I've forgotten pretty much how I ever did recipes that I used for years. I'm having my two daughters and granddaughter for supper later today, and I bought an inside blade steak boneless to do the way I used to do it. The problem is, I'm forgetting just how long it should be simmered for. I have no taste for meat myself and rarely eat it, but I know I used to brown this good with some onion slices and then put cream of mushroom soup on it and simmer it for ?? does 3/4 of an hour sound right? or maybe it was an hour and a half. HELP! I'm going to also put some carrots and potatoes in the over to roast just seasoned so any suggestions as to temperature and timing would be good. Oh, and maybe I asking you guys everything except COULD YOU COME AND COOK DINNER FOR THEM? LOL
I truly should try to cook more often, but I live alone and I'm going into my 80th year...so many years of cooking and now it's time to relax.
Thanks, everyone.
I always know I can count on this forum.
Dolly/Jovin

Should be at least 2+ hours at a low temp 300 or 325 is fine. Don't think I've ever done one with a cream soup although it sounds delish! I used to use just a beef broth, either box or with water and bouillon.

I added carrots and onions, then would do separately the potatoes. This way if it needs to sit around for a while potatoes didn't go mush. Or better still, get one of the kids to mash the potaoes up for you. Love with the gravy!

Enjoy! Let us know how it turns out.

Should be at least 2+ hours at a low temp 300 or 325 is fine. Don't think I've ever done one with a cream soup although it sounds delish! I used to use just a beef broth, either box or with water and bouillon.

I added carrots and onions, then would do separately the potatoes. This way if it needs to sit around for a while potatoes didn't go mush. Or better still, get one of the kids to mash the potaoes up for you. Love with the gravy!

Enjoy! Let us know how it turns out.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom