Need all the help I can get.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With G-d's help she will make full complete recovery. Keep us posted Chief. And yes, we are the family and you are an integral part of it. Sending you my hugs and prayers fro your wife. I will continue to recite Psalms for her.

Yikes! I just saw this!!

I'm so sorry, chief!

I'm sending you and your family loads of prayers and hugs.

Please keep us posted...

I'm so glad to hear that Mrs. Chief is making good progress - hope she's home soon, Chief. :wub:

this is good news after a terrible a scare, chief. you are surrounded by love from family, friends, and community. hang in there, dhief, and take strength and comfort from those of us who hold you dear. my best wishes for a steady and full recovery for your dw from here on in.

Prayers and fingers crossed for your DW. Long ago my mom passed out from a heart attack while in the bathroom, and my dad had a 6th sense too like you did. He just knew something was wrong. He got to her barely in time, it was a close one. There's something wondrous about that kind of sensing something is wrong with a loved one. I hope you keep us updated.

Last edited:
Update

Here's an update for all my friends here on DC. DW is still with us. Her peripheral blood flow is good, her heart is good, ct-scans show that there is no brain damage. Her kidneys are partially working, and there is no sign of infection any more. She hasn't fully awakened yet, but has had her eyes partially opened, and has blinked a few times yesterday. She also tried to swallow a few times, and her forehead was tensed while the neurologist was tapping her in various places to elicit a reflex response.

I at times feel strong and completely together, and then, just completely fall apart for no apparent reason.

This is hard, so very hard. I know your prayers have helped her, and the prayers of so many other people, some who I have never met or communicated with, even on the internet. I have friends who live near the hospital who are letting me stay at their home. I am rich in love and support, and am not afraid to say that I am rich in the love of my Heavenly Father. These things are helping to sustain both DW, and me.

Thank you all for your support. I wish I could think of some truly great recipe or technique to give to you in appreciation. But I'm not quite back to that level of ability yet. I will be. When DW is back in our house, our home, I will be.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
I at times feel strong and completely together, and then, just completely fall apart for no apparent reason.

Don't sweat the small stuff Chief. This is expected in your situation.

There is a reason. It's called love.

Let's hope life for you and yours can resume to as normal as can be as soon as can be.

The best for you my friend.
Never let go,
Z.

My sincerest hopes she does just fine.
And take care of yourself. She's going to need you more than ever.
I wish you the very best!

So glad to hear positive things. Prayers for continued healing for her and strength and comfort for you and the kids.

Chief, I am so sorry that I am only seeing this now. I have been on sporadically because of my own health issues.

But please know you are all in my prayers and I will be checking in for more updates.

LP

Back
Top Bottom