Natn'l Candy Corn Day ~ 10/30/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I would have thought that National Candy Corn Day would be tomorrow!! :LOL:

Anyways, I went out to Linner (late lunch/early dinner) with two of my
Neighborhood Gal Pals to chat, catch up with each other (far too much c--- going on :mad:), drink wine, oh and eat :clap:

The joint that we three went to last night :ohmy: was having a soft opening for lunch and we decided we wanted to try it. Not bad. Same great food and service!

IMG_1015.jpg

I did order something different today, it's a riff on Chicken Marsala, tasty!
And then those two other monkeys at the table ordered what I had last night. :ROFLMAO:

Did I say that this is a second locale to our most favorite restaurant but much, much closer!
We all said that this will be the new Girls Linner Spot for at least 2-3 a month.

But I do go on ... whatcha cookin?

I made Greek meatballs with sweet spice scented tomato sauce, served over egg noodles, with a Greek salad. DH had made an appetizer of fried Halloumi cheese on toasted bread while I was making dinner; there's one piece of that on my plate.

He's also been making dessert lately. He bought a large frozen plain cheesecake on sale and each night he thaws two slices and makes a topping. Last night it was reduced apple cider mixed with a bit of homemade apple butter. I forgot to get a picture of the dessert.
20211030_194346.jpg

We ordered sandwiches from Dagwoods. They were, as usual, delicious. We both had the namesake, Dagwood sandwiches, but with different toppings. Mine had lettuce, black olives, onion slices, and pickled banana pepper rings. I didn't notice what DH had as toppings.

Back
Top Bottom