National Spaghetti Day ~ Dinner Thread 1/4/2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Back home in Hawaii, this is popular
zippys spaghetti mixed plate special.jpg

I like their Chili, I like their Fried Chicken, but I don't know if I'd like this mixed plate.
I'll be putting together grilled NY Strip Steak, Baked Potato and a Green Salad for us two.

What's in your mixed plate?

We had a grocery delivery today. There was frozen food in the delivery and because of the migraine a couple of days ago, I hadn't gotten around to making space in the freezer. So, we tried out two boxes of appetizers / snacks. One was spanakopita bites. That was really good and we'll get that again, some time. The other was battered mozzarella sticks. Oh dear, they tasted fine, but they leaked all over the pan. Most of them were empty by the time I got them to the table. We did manage to scrape off the melted cheese and eat it. But, I think there was a serious lack in the product testing. We won't bother with those again. Heh heh, the instructions were to cook to 165°F (74°C). They were leaking before I poked any holes in them to check the temperature. I wonder if they even considered how one would measure the temperature and what the consequences of those holes would be.

I haven't made mozzarella sticks often, but I have never taken their temperature. I'm not even sure if there was a "cook to" temperature on the package it's been so long.

I made loaded salads again. I might be able to get Himself to eat salad one more day. ? We also had stuffed baked potatoes, loading them up with ham, broccoli, and co-jack cheese...and a big *plop* of sour cream.

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes (both freezer meals - 'cause I'm an invalid ;) ) leftover steamed broccoli.
almost forgot - that fantastic pan gravy from the lambchops.

What did you stuff it with?
Stuffing. No, really. The stuffing you would use for a turkey. Stuffed flank steak is one of SO's favorite meals. The price of flank steak was too high for me so I bought some cube steak as an experiment. We didn't care for the result.

Stuffing. No, really. The stuffing you would use for a turkey. Stuffed flank steak is one of SO's favorite meals. The price of flank steak was too high for me so I bought some cube steak as an experiment. We didn't care for the result.
A place we used to go for breakfast, though sadly closed now because of a large rent increase, made the most tender chicken fried steak I've ever had. I asked how they got it that tender. He told me he soaked it in buttermilk. I said I've always soaked in buttermilk for several hours but mine is never that tender. He said he soaks it overnight. So, if it was the lack of tenderness, give the overnight soak a try. I actually haven't tried it yet because we haven't had CFS since that conversation.

Back
Top Bottom