National Chopsticks Day ~ Monday February 6 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No chopsticks for us, not today. I made DH his bowl of chicken broth for lunch. He finished it and announced he would have jello in a little while. o_O I did NOT make any jello, as he insisted he did not want any jello. Sigh. Jello is now on a quick cycle in the fridge. Tick-tock, tick-tock....

Kgirl and I had Asian on our mind.

Bento box, from top left clockwise, shrimp and cod fish balls, watermelon radish and cucumber salad, sauteed spinach with togarashi, ramen noodles with edemame, carrots, red bell pepper and green onions, dipping sauce for the seafood balls in the center.
20230206_175926.jpg

We stopped at a bar and grill near Trader Joe's. It's always crammed, but being Monday,no football, and stopping at 8 PM, we were seated right away. We each had a burger washed down with beer. Himself had Bleu cheese sauce along with crumbled cheese stuffed in the middle of his patty. I had a mushroom Swiss burger. They offer hand cut skinny fries or fried onion strings...or half-and-half. Winner!

20230206_204233.jpg

Shallow fried chicken strips, corn on the cob, and Knorr creamy chicken side dish.

fried_chicken_020623_IMG_0667.jpg

Bento Boxes remind me of DC’s Ogress Supreme, PrincessFiona60.

As far as chop sticks go.. I did eat some olive out of the jar with them, but the pretzels were by hand. I at least remembered to put the wine in a glass.
Another easy clean-up supper.
I should write a cook book on Easy Clean-up Meals!

I miss PF too. :(

@taxlady I am sure it has another name, but it was what Mom called it. Basically, it is white cornmeal dumped in boiling salt water. One makes it like the consistency of playdough. Patty it up, and shallow fry it in grease until crunchy on both sides. It goes great with beef stew. And is delicious buttered too.

I miss PF too. :(

@taxlady I am sure it has another name, but it was what Mom called it. Basically, it is white cornmeal dumped in boiling salt water. One makes it like the consistency of playdough. Patty it up, and shallow fry it in grease until crunchy on both sides. It goes great with beef stew. And is delicious buttered too.
My mom did that with leftover polenta. Served buttered with runny eggs.

Back
Top Bottom