Ms. Mofet's Instant Pot Samoa Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ms. Mofet's Instant Pot Samoa Cheesecake

This is my Recipe/Technique/Instructions. Adapted for the Instant Pot from my Tried & True Recipe for traditional cheesecake (full sized & baked in the oven) & a coconut/caramel/chocolate topped cookie recipe.

Prepared using a 6 QT. Instant Pot (I have a Duo and an Ultra)

IMPORTANT: Be sure the inner pot is in the base unit and gasket/ring is in the lid and seated properly before beginning.

≈8 Servings

Crust:

1/2 C. crushed chocolate Teddy Graham cookies (≈50 cookies) (may use any other chocolate cookie)
2 TBSP. Butter melted

Cake Batter:

12 oz. (1 1/2 - 8 oz. blocks) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 C. sugar
1 TBSP. Cornstarch
1/4 C. heavy cream
1/4 C. (2 oz.) sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. Lemon juice
2 eggs, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature

Topping:

1 C. Sweetened shredded coconut
12 caramels, unwrapped
3 TBSP. Heavy cream
1 oz. Unsweetened Baker's Chocolate
1 oz. Bittersweet Baker's Chocolate

Prepare a 7 in. spring form pan by coating it with a non-stick spray.

In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter.

Spread evenly in the bottom and up the side of the pan. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
OR
Bake the crust at 325 °F for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before adding batter.

Combine sugar and cornstarch.

Place cream cheese and sugar/cornstarch mixture in mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer on medium speed cream until smooth, blend in heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon juice.

Scramble the eggs in a small bowl. Mix/whisk eggs into cream cheese mixture by hand just until blended; DO NOT over mix.

Pour batter into the spring form pan on top of the crust. Gently tap pan on the table several times to bring to surface & pop as many air bubbles as possible.

Cover top of spring form pan with paper towel then foil crimped around edge.

IMPORTANT: Be sure the inner pot is in the base unit and gasket/ring is in the lid and seated properly before beginning.

Pour 1 C. water into the inner pot.

Carefully center the filled pan on trivet with handles up (or make a foil sling) and lower it into the inner pot.

Lock the lid in place.

Select Manual/Pressure Cook mode.

High Pressure and adjust (+/-) timer to 35 minutes.
(Took ≈10 minutes to come to pressure)

Depending on model:
- Set valve to sealing (Ultra self seals automatically).
- Press Start on Ultra Model.

When the cook cycle is finished (beep sounds) allow a natural pressure release (NPR) for 10 minutes.

Then do a quick release (QR).

When pin drops carefully remove the lid.

Remove cheesecake from inner pot (lift out using trivet handles).

Remove paper towel and foil.

Check that the middle of cake is set (a little bit jiggly in very center is ok). If necessary, replace the towel/foil cover and cook the cheesecake an additional 5 minutes.

Carefully remove the spring form pan from the pot using trivet handles and allow to cool on trivet or other cooling rack.

When cheesecake is cooled, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap (or place in a sealed 1 gallon Ziploc bag) for at least 4 hours or overnight.

Topping:

Spread coconut evenly in a dry wide cast iron skillet.
Toast over medium heat, stirring frequently, until coconut is golden.

Place caramels and cream in a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.

Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring several times.

When smooth, stir in toasted coconut.

When cheesecake is cooled remove from pan to a plate.

Spread the caramel coconut topping evenly over the top of the cheesecake.

Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl on 1/2 power, stirring often till smooth. Or place chocolate in a bowl and place bowl over pan with hot/boiled water. DO NOT allow bowl to touch water. Stir till smooth.

When melted cool slightly then put in a small Ziploc bag, snip off sm. amount of tip from one corner of the bag or use a pastry bag with sm. hole tip. Drizzle over the top of the caramel topping. Allow to set slightly.

Before topping

cheesecake_IP_041617_P1100072.JPG

After topping

samoa_cheesecake_IP_041617_P1100074.JPG

Last edited:
Remembered to snap a pic! Thanks for the recipe.

Attachments

• 20210228_211753.jpg
    20210228_211753.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 45
Delicious! And so easy!

We will do it again. Next time I'm adding chopped pecans to the coconut. I was out or I'd have done that this time.

Delicious! And so easy!

We will do it again. Next time I'm adding chopped pecans to the coconut. I was out, or I'd have done that this time.
I'm glad you liked it. Chopped pecans sound good. I think I will use unsweetened coconut next time. The caramel is pretty sweet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom