Monday's Dinner - 9/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Buffalo Wings, Boiled Beets with a splash
of Red Wine Vinegar in the Water,
Roasted butternut Squash Nuggets, left
in there about 3 minutes too long...

Chicken Wings, Buffalo 9-19-22.JPG

We're having baked salmon slathered with Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary sprigs placed around. Sous vide pencil-thin asparagus and Little Debbie vanilla cakes for dessert.

Had to resort to Little Debbies since I've been so busy taking care of Glenn after his surgery last week. We'll be back to our regular routine soon.

Homemade ramen bowl using broth from a recently made Asian pork belly braise, cut with some chicken broth as it was pretty intense. Rest of bowl was Asian pork, roasted red bell strips, shrimp, baby bok choy, mushrooms , green onions, and egg.

20220919_185731.jpg

I have been visited by either the stupid fairy or the forgetful fairy. So, I decided not to try to cook supper. I defrosted some cold smoked salmon and we had that on bagels with cream cheese, capers, and sliced onion. The veg was garlic dill pickled cucumbers. We enjoyed it.

As if to prove to myself that I made the right decision, I had a d'oh! moment. I spread cream cheese on all of one half of my bagel. Then I spread cream cheese on half of the other half a bagel. Then I started putting the onion and capers on the bagel halves. Part way through that, I noticed that one bagel half was half nekkid. Not a real problem, but I gotta wonder where my brain was.

Ate early. Boiled up some ravioli, set into bowl, butter fried mushrooms, set on ravioli, brown more butter with sage, on top of ravioli. Because I cannot run all my applicances at the same time I then buttered up and grilled some more scallops on the griddler.

So so so delish!!!20220919_100857.jpg

We had bratwurst sausages simmered in beer and sauerkraut, along with mashed potatoes. I also made a small batch of pickled beets with a can of baby beets from the basement since it has suddenly become difficult to find pickled beets in the grocery store. Some blueberry ice cream for dessert.
20220919_205132.jpg

We had bratwurst sausages simmered in beer and sauerkraut, along with mashed potatoes. I also made a small batch of pickled beets with a can of baby beets from the basement since it has suddenly become difficult to find pickled beets in the grocery store. Some blueberry ice cream for dessert.
View attachment 61743
That looks like such a weather appropriate meal. Yum.
I assume you are having coolish weather too.

I haven't tried this yet, but I recently learned a trick. It was suggested by someone in a Danish food FB group. She said that she often makes pickled beets by marinating sliced, canned beets in the same marinade she uses with freshly boiled beets. I'm going to give it a try. I'm reminded of Jacques Pépin saying to let the grocery store be your prep chef. That way I can have beets pickled the way I like them, without the big part of the effort of boiling, then removing the skins and then slicing them to put in the marinade.

Stuffed shells and garlic bread.

garlic_bread_before_091922_1_IMG_0066.jpg

stuffed_shells_garlic_bread_091922_IMG_0069.jpg

Back
Top Bottom