Monday dinner 10-23-2017 ~ National Boston Cream Pie Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Why is it called a "pie"? I dunno. We won't be having any. (October 23rd is National Boston Cream Pie Day)

What we will be having for supper tonight it last night's leftover soup, along with hamburgers on the grill. Found two lonely lost burgers when doing a freezer inventory last week, so I'll send Himself out on what could be the last really nice night of the year. Sides to be determined later.

What's for supper at your place?

well heck... I was choosing between BCP and Pumpkin Pie for dessert tonight and I had a larger craving for pumpkin.. So... a belated BCP day down the road...

A simple burrito for supper today, along side an even simpler green salad..

Ross

No Boston Cream Pie, nor any other kind of dessert. Desserts are a rarity in this household.

Mustard and bread crumb crusted salmon steaks on the grill, red potatoes, green salad. I dust the salmon steaks with flour, then coat with dijon mustard, and finally bread crumbs. Oil the grill grate and cook until just done.

Mystery chicken, from the folks at Barber Foods, mashed yellow turnip, cabbage salad and applesauce.

022508.jpg

Costco night! Tonight we are not only going to be joined by TB's brother, but our niece is in town and able to come too.

It is our pig-out-on-whatever-you-want night, not worrying about gluten, lactose, etc. I will probably have chicken strips, fries, gravy and vanilla ice cream.

Taco salad here this evening. Ranch dressing with a tiny bit of adobo sauce mixed in to top.

Plenty of leftovers here to be eaten, so it is a fridge clean-out supper tonight.

CD

Leftovers here, but not boring.

I think I just ate the weirdest Surf-n-Turf in the world.

There was leftover squid in a garlic tomato sauce, some leftover linguini, and some leftover meatloaf. I cut a coupla small meatball sized cubes out of the meatloaf, nuked them in some marinara, then reheated the calamari, and served both over the leftover linguini.

Meatloaf and squid: today's surf and turf. Art Deco as well with the rings, cubes, and irregular strands of linguini.

And it was good.

Mostly because the sauce was made from San Marzano tomatoes, DOP.

I had a book club meeting tonight. I made a Mexican seven-layer dip that included a tomato from the farmers market and chives from the garden. Someone made amazing double chocolate brownies :yum: I brought a couple extra ones home. Mmmmm.

Super simple - refried beans seasoned with cumin and black pepper, browned ground beef, fresh cut tomato cubes, all covered with shreded medium cheddar. DW had he refried beans spread a bed of 8 tacitos, then ground beef, shredded cheddar, all nuked in the micorwave (the ground beef was already cooked and seasoned), and finally the tomao on top. All this followed by ice-cold milk.

Seeeeeeeya; Cheif Longwind of the North

I had a book club meeting tonight. I made a Mexican seven-layer dip that included a tomato from the farmers market and chives from the garden. Someone made amazing double chocolate brownies :yum: I brought a couple extra ones home. Mmmmm.

I love that Mexican seven-layer dip. :yum: It's one of my faves when I know there will be enough people to use it up it in one evening.

Sounds like the Chief had the same idea for dinner!

It's good to be back home again and in my own bed in a little while.

The wind was way too strong to grill outside tonight. I baked one chix breast and a wing. Shot the breast under the skin with a mix of melted butter, a little evoo and some fine crushed thyme, sage and garlic powder with a surgical biopsy needle. Nothing clogs that bad boy up. The skin was crispy and made little air pockets across the top too, The wing was done sooner and made an almost adequate appy. 1 plain baked sweet potato alongside, no other veggies. I will have to do proper shopping mañana.

...I think I just ate the weirdest Surf-n-Turf in the world...
I was calling our supper the same thing - but your weird is weirder than my weird. We had leftover shrimp from last night's po'boys, so we had those along with our burgers. Shrimp+burger are nowhere near your level of weird, bucky. :LOL:

I ended up making some potato salad to go with tonight's burger. There is enough leftover to go with one more meal, as long as we don't snack it away. :pig: Himself's burger sported caramelized onions instead of mushrooms. Now I have to scrub the extra caramel away...

Attachments

• 20171023_213019.jpg
    20171023_213019.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 183
Costco night! Tonight we are not only going to be joined by TB's brother, but our niece is in town and able to come too.

It is our pig-out-on-whatever-you-want night, not worrying about gluten, lactose, etc. I will probably have chicken strips, fries, gravy and vanilla ice cream.

TB and niece came home with blizzards between lunch and Costco. So, I decided to be good and have a Chicken Caesar salad and passed on the ice cream (though I pretended to steal some from the Dad at the next table who came with 3 sundaes!)

Bucky T, your dinner sounds right up there with my portabello smothered in steak for the Great Mushroom challenge here a few years back! :LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom