Monday, 11/7/12, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
I had ordered fregola pasta for a Sardinian seafood dish a while back, but we were going to have it when craig got shingles and covid, and was hospitalized. I had already made the seafood sauce with some odds and ends in the freezer, but got home so late from ER with him the night we were supposed to have it, and then I started getting sick the next day, so the seafood sauce ended up getting tossed.

But, I wanted to try it, so looked around. Ended up using pink oyster mushrooms that I grew from a box kit, zucchini, charred corn, onions, garlic, basil, and pecorino Romano. It was pretty darn good. Not pretty, but tasty.
20221107_183640.jpg

Im taking an Online 'Vegan' Thanksgiving Recipe's cooking course, and today I had the time to try out a few of the recipes. Tonights Dinner: Chestnut Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup, Mulled Cider Tempeh with Buttery Root Vegetable Puree, Lemon Swiss Chard, Coriander Roasted Cauliflower, and Rosemary Cream, Rum Pumpkin Flan.

Attachments

• Dinner.jpg
    Dinner.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 5
@medtran49 I hope you and Craig are all better now.

It's Himself's birthday today. 74 years young! When I suggested either pork chops with apples and onions or shrimp scampi for supper and asked which he preferred, his answer was "food". :cautious: We'll be having the leftover hot dogs, along with Aldi Tater Puffs and little Campari tomatoes with grains of paradise and black Hawaiian salt. We'll enjoy dinner out at our favorite Irish pub tomorrow after we go vote.

I had Tyson chicken nuggets, Ore Ida french fries, a salad, and .5 Costco blueberry muffin. No walk, was too tired from work today and over 10,000 steps.

I had plans, but then I cleaned the kitchen enough to be comfortable cooking and pooped myself out. I thought that I would regain some energy by sitting, but a couple of hours later, I had only regained a little. So, we ordered hamburgers.

Homemade whole wheat pasta squares with no-cheeze sauce (red pepper base), bread crumbs, and whole wheat oatmeal apple cake.

Left over chickpea curry from yesterday (didn't take pics yesterday, sorry).
It had chicken in it originally, and in the portions that went in the freezer. Nothing left for this left over ;)
So hard boiled eggs seemed a good option
IMG_20221107_111818.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom