Mobile App

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I lived in the countryside it was an essential. Now in the city -I honestly don't need it.
Uses of my phone now-a-days:
1. Texting offspring to call me whenever they get a chance. I hate disturbing them at work.
2. Calendar app for the few and far between appointments. Wall calendar works just as well. Already have advance reminders on my 'puter.
3. Camera.
4. Phone calls. Maybe 2 a week. Often none. Think 5 max would be pushing it.
5. GPS, but I never leave home without googling new address' thoroughly. Plus the app, in my car, is too faint of voice and too far and small for me to focus on while driving - ergo, I don't.

Pretty much in that order. So do I really need one now?
No, but LOL, I can't leave the house without it.

Gal pal, housebound while recuperating in a wheelchair for 6 months even put hers on "hold" for the duration.

I'm able to sign on and navigate/post using my iPhone without any problems.

I'm not sure that I understand what more an app would allow me to do.

Looking at the responses, Charlie, not sure what you are saying. You do or do not have the app on your phone.
I thought you did have it.

There is no Discuss Cooking app. You use your browser, Chrome, Safari, or whatever and go to the discusscooking.com website just as you would do on a computer (desktop or laptop).

I think Charlie is referring to the old app that we had for mobile, before the Discuss Cooking site was updated.
Thanks for the correction. I "lost" this site after I first joined and only found it again very recently by a pure fluke, and I honestly do not remember what this was like then.

It just connected in my mind seeing this thread immediately after Charlie had asked about emojis - sort of one and one making two!

This is a free membership site. An enormous number of sites of this format require subscription to avoid advertising, are constantly bombarding users for $$$ or even selling your data to third parties.
I’m not sure who would fund the app development or what features it would offer that would be essential for enjoying this site.
I’m not for it, sorry.

This is a free membership site. An enormous number of sites of this format require subscription to avoid advertising, are constantly bombarding users for $$$ or even selling your data to third parties.
I’m not sure who would fund the app development or what features it would offer that would be essential for enjoying this site.
I’m not for it, sorry.
Thank you for your comment. I see you are somewhat new to this site. Recently it went thru complete change. Before it did it had a mobile app. That is the only reason I brought it up.
Separately, there is a large amount of sites, of this kind, that are absolutely free, that do have mobile apps.

there is no free lunch. someone is paying for it then. or donating their time which is sort of a form of payment

Back
Top Bottom