Making Gummy Candies. Need Help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
https://www.lorannoils.com/halloween-gummy-candies-r0265

I tried this recipe and it turned out better than expect however the consistency wasn't as gummy as I would like. Not gooey enough. Kind of gives in too easy once your teeth break the surface. Any suggestions to improve texture? Also would like to point out the flavor wasn't strong enough. Might consider using full dram next time.

heres a really good recipe I like to use and the texture comes out chewy and flavor is on point.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup fruit juice (any flavor you like)
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 tbsp unflavored gelatin
  • Gummy bear molds
  • Cooking spray
Instructions:

1. In a small saucepan, combine the fruit juice and granulated sugar. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
  2. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the unflavored gelatin to the mixture and stir until it's completely dissolved as well.
  3. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
  4. While the mixture is cooling, lightly spray the gummy bear molds with cooking spray.
  5. Using a dropper or spoon, carefully fill the molds with the mixture. Be careful not to overfill the molds.
  6. Place the molds in the refrigerator and let them chill for at least 30 minutes, or until the gummy bears are firm.
  7. Once the gummy bears are firm, remove them from the molds and enjoy!
  8. Store any leftover gummy bears in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.

Back
Top Bottom