Mackie's Of Scotland Haggis, Neeps, and Tatties Potato Crisps Review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
haggis-crisps-1578401653.jpg

Okay so I was at my local mall and they have a store selling international snacks.

I thought this was the oddest flavor and made the purchase.

The package was 150grams and since I will never see it anywhere else I paid over 8 bucks for the bag making it one of the most expensive snack food purchases by me ever.

Haggis is a type of pudding with meat in it.

Neeps are known by the other name Rutabaga

Tatties are just a potato....

The chips in the bag were mainly flat, on the thicker side of things than a USA Lay's potato chip, and most chips are small in size.

I fully tasted a beef or lamb flavor here. They did not skimp on flavor and I was happy.

The crunch of the potato chip was on the softer side of things.

I am going to give this snack food item a big thumbs up. Not going to be an easy find for most that read my reviews..

That's a horrid price to pay for a snack! Even given it is imported!

Chips here, specialty or not, for the same size (single serving snack) are about $1.00 Cdn. or less.

Cdn prices for a large family size Lay's potato Chip is 3 for $9.00 (Walmart) 235 gr.

That's a horrid price to pay for a snack! Even given it is imported!

Chips here, specialty or not, for the same size (single serving snack) are about $1.00 Cdn. or less.

Cdn prices for a large family size Lay's potato Chip is 3 for $9.00 (Walmart) 235 gr.

We will both agree that was a high price for one snack. Maybe 2 bucks more at least than I should have but it was in a mall store with limited selection of items from the UK area. Not going to see in anyplace else so I made the big purchase.

Plus I made sure the bag had a good expiration date which to me is key or I would not have made the purchase to begin with.

Not a place I will be going back to on a regular basis though.

Last edited:
Actually, have to rethink and repost... Sometimes I will come across something I've never had before and would really like to try. Even just once and even at a price I would never normally pay.

So I do :blush: :angel:

what's the expression? mea culpa?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom