Lunch for slightly more than a friend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! DGL, you are really up on this sort of thing!! I am amazed that the CFS is even known about by anyone in the US. Anyway, it's still a way off, but spring is "springing" in the south of England and I am busy potting on Petunias for my hanging baskets and biding my time before I can plant out my Begonias! Meanwhile, I have put in a water feature (a very small, solar powered item), and taken the secateurs to my beloved Sundowner Phormium. All of which is not food related, so I probably need to curtail this thread!
To keep it on topic...what did you eat to sustain your efforts?

To keep it on topic...what did you eat to sustain your efforts?
Ah, good point! I don't know what the quality of food is like at US games (Baseball, American Football, Ice Hockey etc) but over here in Britain, the food is absolutely awful!! So I was a little bit surprised that the "BBQ Chicken Burger" I had was actually quite reasonable!

Don't let me mislead you! Spring flower shows are pretty much the same all over the world I think. I know the one in Toronto is huge. But I did once see a murder mystery based on a big Spring show in England - does that count? I love plants but don't have my own garden anymore - it's very hard with the nurseries just starting to open up here.

Don't let me mislead you! Spring flower shows are pretty much the same all over the world I think. I know the one in Toronto is huge. But I did once see a murder mystery based on a big Spring show in England - does that count? I love plants but don't have my own garden anymore - it's very hard with the nurseries just starting to open up here.
Aw! Well, I promise to take pictures and post a report. This is just as exciting for me I can assure you! (Mind you, I did tell John that if he met someone else in the meantime, that I would step aside.) But I hope he doesn't!

Update. So John and I are having lunch on Monday. (At his request.) The last time I saw him was the week before last when we were at our monthly quiz. He looked a bit rough - but in fairness, he was recovering from a bout of Covid. He is off to Peru the following week. I'm not sure he is as keen to go as he was when he first booked it. (Originally, a friend was going too but they had to drop out). But he is a very gregarious person and I know he will enjoy it. (And yes, he did ask me if I wanted to go with him, but at just shy of $10k, it wasn't feasible in terms of cost or time!)

Last night, we sat up and watch a bunch of "Parker's Trail" shows...we turned off the TV around 11PM with Parker just sick, sick, sick, from altitude sickness! Such that they are worried for his survival!

I prefer to "see" the more exotic places from the comfort of my living room!

I have often wondered how I would deal with altitude sickness Ginny! But I suppose I am still curious enough to want to find out for myself. It's just not a realistic option for me currently. I have hopes of seeing parts of world, but I think I will be doing it on a slightly less "robust." budget! I don't need fancy hotels, just clean and safe ones. John is doing this trip as part of a cruise too, which simply doesn't appeal to me at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom