Looking for blunt tip kitchen shears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickshory

Assistant Cook
I have these shears and would like get a couple more pairs: https://photos.app.goo.gl/88ugdJ5tyRNyaWxP8
The blunt tips are the key feature I am looking for, so I can carry them around in my pocket without getting stabbed. It seems like all kitchen shears now made have dagger sharp tips.
Search terms with "blunt" only get kids' scissors, but I have adult sized hands.
Even KitchenAid could not tell me what they are, said they were made by another company licensing the KitchenAid name.
Does anybody know where I can get something like this?

Welcome to the forum!

I have something like that that I made from cheap pairs of scissors by grinding the points down, so I can carry them in my garden. If you don't have a grinder, maybe a friend does?

I have these shears and would like get a couple more pairs: https://photos.app.goo.gl/88ugdJ5tyRNyaWxP8
The blunt tips are the key feature I am looking for, so I can carry them around in my pocket without getting stabbed. It seems like all kitchen shears now made have dagger sharp tips.
Search terms with "blunt" only get kids' scissors, but I have adult sized hands.
Even KitchenAid could not tell me what they are, said they were made by another company licensing the KitchenAid name.
Does anybody know where I can get something like this?
Fiskars has a metric ton of super-pointy ones but if you don't give up you'll at least one bluntish pair on their website. We have a pair and my wife loves them but--I just now looked--no model number is on the serrated blades or traditional orange handles. Amazon has a LEFT-HANDED pair by Odmily. Medical scissors might work--they're always blunt, but they also have angled blades--which might work well for cutting at table-height but maybe not counter-height. Also, the med jobs I see online are dirt cheap, which makes me suspect they're intended as single-use only (because sterilizing all sorts of little gadgets is a problem).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom