Little Wren’s Italian Cream Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forney

Assistant Cook
Little Wren’s Italian Cream Cake
I usually guard this recipe with my life, but because you all are so nice to share with me, I'll share with you. Keep in mind at the last Pie/Cake Auction we had for our church, this cake brought in over $100. It is sooooo good!!!-Little Wren
1 stick butter
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup Crisco
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sugar
1 small can coconut
5 egg yolks
1 cup pecans
2 cups flour (I use self rising)
5 egg whites (beaten stiff, not dry
1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream sugar, butter, Crisco. Add egg yolks one at a time. Sift flour, 1-teaspoon soda, and add alternately with buttermilk. Add vanilla, nuts, 1 can of coconut. Fold into beaten egg whites. Pour into 3 greased and floured round (9-inch) cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Frosting--
2 (8 ounce) Cream Cheese
1 stick butter
2 (1 pound) Boxes Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix the above until smooth and creamy. This is a little more frosting than you need, but I'd rather have too much than not enough. Assemble and frost as you would any three-layer cake. I then place pecan halves all over the top and around the sides. You can also use chopped pecans. If I use the chopped, I put them only on the sides of the cake. Enjoy!!! This is really, really good and I'm sure you will like it.

Fornay,

THANKS for the recipe!! It is very much appreciated and I promise, we won't tell a soul - nope, no way. If anyone asks me I'll just go:

:-p~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom