Lawry's Roasted Garlic, Substitute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fleetwoodPC

Assistant Cook
Lawry's Roasted Garlic was fantastic and is now discontinued.

It was coarsely ground.

Has anyone found a reasonable substitute?

(Please don't simply list other roasted garlic products ... looking for something that's been found to be similar.)

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, fleetwoodPC!

I rarely buy dried garlic, but I got some of that roasted garlic as a freebie from Penzey's, and it was really good! You'll have to let us know how it was for you.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The flavor of this brings standard garlic powder to a whole new level, and I like that it's granulated.

Hope you stick around and share what you make with it.

Welcome to DC. I love the flavor of garlic. On just about any food.

This is a fun place for foodies. Making long lasting friends. A lot of laughs even come your way.

Stick around. We love having you.

Welcome, Fleetwood.

Another fan here of Penzey's Roasted Garlic. :yum: I'm almost out and need to place another order.

Last edited:
Penzey's Review...

Penzey's is not close to the Lawrey's ... and it's certainly not worth the price. (And if I could return it would.)

The McCormick Black Garlic Powder (not salt) is the best I've seen and it's already tripled in price and hard to find. It was $2.75 three months ago and now at FreshGrocer it's $4.75 ... when in stock ... and $6+ on Amazon. I bought six already.

McCormick Black Garlic Powder=
SALT, BLACK GARLIC, GARLIC, ROASTED GARLIC, COCOA POWDER, SPICES, TAMARI SOY SAUCE (SOYBEAN, SALT), CITRIC ACID, PARSLEY, YEAST EXTRACT, YEAST, SUGAR, TOMATO & NATURAL FLAVOR

Happy to send the remaining 95% to you. As you are familiar with the product you will see it's exactly the same as it arrived to me this week.

Happy to send the remaining 95% to you. As you are familiar with the product you will see it's exactly as arrived in the original packaging. Or perhaps I can send you 50% and Cheryl J 50%.

No problem if you're not comfortable with that. Quite understandable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom