Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@Kaneohegirlinaz, I just realized that I never told you about my "dress". I bought it in MA before we left. A few days after getting to OH, I hung it up to steam the wrinkles out...and realized I had bought the wrong (e.g.: too small) one that I had tried on. o_O I could not find the same dress in OH, nor could I find a dress that I liked. SO many were black - and I wasn't wearing black since I really like my new SIL! I ended up wearing my black dress slacks that I brought along "just in case" and found a lovely sheer floral blouse with a matching satin camisole in peach. I wasn't too concerned about what I was wearing - if anyone commented negatively I was going to tell them to quit looking at me and gaze on the bride's loveliness. ;)

All afternoon the sun has created an icy "shell" on the snow in the yard. I just glimpsed out of one of my studio windows to see a squirrel go barreling across the yard to make its way up the big oak tree near the driveway.

Oops! Ice-covered snow, no gripshion and a head-whacking into an oak tree.

Squirrel, "I meant that! I meant that!"

I'm still laughing

I guess this might start as something sombre, but I walked past my parent's gravesite this morning and felt uncharacteristically sad. Talking to my very best friends, who have also lost their parents, and realising how lucky I am to have such good friends. That made me smile.

I recently vented about trying to teach a woman to cook, who just didn't want to cook after all.
But, yesterday I had the best experience! I had been asked to teach a cooking class to women on limited incomes, or on food stamps. Since we had expected just a few to come, although it is a sign-up-for class, the church kitchen we used had a few pots and pans out, and a few plates and utensils. The class was packed! Luckily we were informed of the number of cooks the day before, so we scrounged and begged and borrowed enough to supply the class.
These ladies were attentive, asked intelligent questions, and put their hands to making every dish. Then they helped clean up!!! We got hugs, thank yous, and "when's the next class?"
My faith in humanity is restored.

Last edited:
We have 32 pepper sprouts and we welcomed them into the world. lol And mr bliss helped with making 4 meal sized salads. It's so much nicer to have extra hands in the kitchen and doing it together. His beehives are coming along fine! I'll get some pictures today.

I recently vented about trying to teach a woman to cook, who just didn't want to cook after all.
But, yesterday I had the best experience! I had been asked to teach a cooking class to women on limited incomes, or on food stamps. Since we had expected just a few to come, although it is a sign-up-for class, the church kitchen we used had a few pots and pans out, and a few plates and utensils. The class was packed! Luckily we were informed of the number of cooks the day before, so we scrounged and begged and borrowed enough to supply the class.
These ladies were attentive, asked intelligent questions, and put their hands to making every dish. Then they helped clean up!!! We got hugs, thank yous, and "when's the next class?"
My faith in humanity is restored.
Wow! That's great! Is there a plan to make this easier for "the next class?" Meaning, donations or shopping to better equip the kitchen. If you put up a Go Fund Me, I would certainly toss something into the "pot"... ;) Congrats & good job!!

Thank you Ginny, but we have donations from the local grocery, the kitchen is provided by a local church, and they also let us use their pots, pans, and stove. We ask the participants to bring their aprons if possible, but we have extras on hand.
How kind of you to offer to contribute to our efforts! We are doing well with the help of the community, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind.
When I say "we" I mean one of the church's ladies who knows where things are in the kitchen, and is one of the nicest people ever. Their church provides meals for children during the school spring break and during the summer, when children might not get lunch, which is usually provided by the school.

Back
Top Bottom