Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bucky and Maidrite... and the way they love their families!! It always makes me smile.

The town of Fair Oaks where my son moved to has Chickens that run where ever they want to. No, we are not in the country either.He called me today to tell me he was in the park and saw three chickens sleeping so he sat down and one of them let him pet it. Sounds silly but this is the first time he has ever been that close to a chicken..( he is 33 years old..)

Dove

Last night whatching my kids play with the neighbors kids & TC kept our neighbors daughter from getting stung by a hornet. She was about to stick her hand in their newspaper box & TC grabbed her arm to stop her. When he did, it startled the hornet & stung him on the hand. He didn't cry a bit & the little girls mom was ever so thankful because her daughter is allergic to bee stings. Naturally, I was sad that TC got stung but it made me smile because he was thinking of someone else.

The 2nd thing to make me smile was Savannah this morning. She came downstairs as soon as she woke up & gave me a big hug & kiss. I asked her what it was for & she said just because I love you.

so many of you guys have mentioned your babies/kiddos making you smile. they can just make your day.
i can't wait till i'm expecting my first baby.:) not till next year, though.

Yeah, kids are great. They are just so much fun. You never quite realize how much until you have your own. I don't think my husband was that thrilled with the idea of having kids, now he wants a whole bunch. We've got the most awesome kid! With another awesome one on the way!

Hmm...as I was writing this, my 2 year old took off all his clothes and spilled water all over his chest. A big gasp, followed by a laugh and him saying "more." Sure, he made a huge mess but there is another smile for the day.

crewsk said:
...The 2nd thing to make me smile was Savannah this morning. She came downstairs as soon as she woke up & gave me a big hug & kiss. I asked her what it was for & she said just because I love you.

Crewsk:

That brought a smile to my face just now, thanks.

Boy, do I miss moments like that! I'm in the no man's land between when my girls are adults and when they make me some grandchildren.

I get to share my SO's grandchildren but we don't see them often enough as they live in Florida.

corazon90 said:
Yeah, kids are great. They are just so much fun. You never quite realize how much until you have your own. I don't think my husband was that thrilled with the idea of having kids, now he wants a whole bunch. We've got the most awesome kid! With another awesome one on the way!

Hmm...as I was writing this, my 2 year old took off all his clothes and spilled water all over his chest. A big gasp, followed by a laugh and him saying "more." Sure, he made a huge mess but there is another smile for the day.
Heck it was only water and I'll bet just looking at his face made the having to clean up worth it:LOL: My grandsons at times can take my house apart, but, listening to the giggles and big ol belly laughs, to see them look at me with those big blue and green eyes, to feel their little arms around my neck and smell that smell that little ones have...I'd let them do about anything...Not bratty things but just read everybook in the book case or play with every toy..Sure I use to have to pick it all up, but, now they are beginning to pitch in and help me... My own kids were always so special to me, but these grandkids...MIRACLES each and everyone.
kadesma

buckytom said:
dw didn't know i was home, and was singing jazz and big band tunes to my son. when i walked upstairs, my smile grew like the cheshire cat's when i saw her teaching him to dance.

today, when he heard a catchy tune, he started stomping his foot up and down with a big grin and the funniest fake laugh.

he also now knows his ears, mouth (sticks out tongue), hair, belly, nip-nips (which is a source of instant giggling), and feet.
Bucky,
he sounds just like our Ethan, who is now, showing us his ears, nose feet...He does the cutest little dance when he gets excited..This little guy has been walking since he was 10 months and is as cute as can be. He has the huge blue eyes with long, long black lashes and tho he doesn't say very much, when he babbles it melts your heart... So, I know just what you felt cathing them unaware and enjoying every minute of there play. How wonderful for you.
kadesma

Andy M. said:
Boy, do I miss moments like that! I'm in the no man's land between when my girls are adults and when they make me some grandchildren.
my Dad is in the no-man's land, too.:) he asks all the time when i am going to get married so he can walk me down the aisle and and when i can have some Grandchildren so he can pay them to be as stubborn as i am and drive me as nuts as i drove him.:LOL: (i think my Parents are starting to really want Grandkids for real, though. my Mom actually gave me her blessing when i said i was engaged and planning on having a baby when i am 25. my Dad was just like, 'FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!')

kadesma said:
Heck it was only water and I'll bet just looking at his face made the having to clean up worth it:LOL:

It sure was worth it. Aidan sure sounds a lot like your Grandsons. He gets into everything he can and climbs up everything that holds still long enough.

I remember before we had him I saw this Simpson's episode where Marge turns her back on her baby, Maggie, for just a second and when she turns back around Maggie is hanging by the ceiling fan. I never knew how true that was before we had Aidan. I swear, one day, I will find him circling above me holding on to the ceiling fan.:ROFLMAO: :dizzy:

He's in bed now, and I already miss him. I just want to wake him up and play with him.

hey corazon, you have no idea how many times i've gotten home from work, often late, and have been so tempted to wake up my little buddy to play with him. heck, he has no idea what time it is, and that his dad is nuts!!!!

and thanks kadesma. he's my best friend....

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
Crewsk:

That brought a smile to my face just now, thanks.

I get to share my SO's grandchildren but we don't see them often enough as they live in Florida.

I'm glad that made you smile Andy! It happens few & far between because she's such a daddy's girl, but that's OK too. It makes those moments all the more special!

corazon90 said:
I'm now 18 weeks pregnant and while at the Doc today I got to hear the babies heartbeat for the first time!

That is a smile I still have on my face.
Congrats Corazon90!!!:) I am so happy for you!

corazon90 said:
I'm now 18 weeks pregnant and while at the Doc today I got to hear the babies heartbeat for the first time!

That is a smile I still have on my face.
Corazon,
wow, that is truly the most wonderful feeling. It just makes you tingle all over..I'm so happy for you. I'm looking forward to being with my daughter when she hears this little one for the first time..I've been there for all three of the boys and can hardly wait for this one..Nothing like a small child to light up your whole being.
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom