Lamb and rice stuffed cabbage rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make japrak (albanian stuffed vine leafs) and I dont precook the rice. I fry onions then add all the other ingredients including rice into it off the heat. Mix well and then use the filling. Hope this helps x.

When my mom and sister made stuffed grape/cabbage leaves, they steamed it in a pot on the stovetop. All ingredients were raw to when wrapped.

We made ours with uncooked rice too. Just make sure when you are steaming/boiling them in sauce, that the sauce has adequate extra water so the rice will cook and the sauce won't dry out. So to a regular tomato sauce, add 2 cups of water for each cup of uncooked rice. Cover.

When my mom and sister made stuffed grape/cabbage leaves, they steamed it in a pot on the stovetop. All ingredients were raw to when wrapped.

The cabbage rolls a friend makes have a dough crust, so steaming probably wouldn't be a good idea. I've never made them so I can't offer any advice.

Our Cajun versions of "stuffed cabbage rolls", collards stuffed with dirty rice or jambalaya require par-cooking each component. The partially cooked rolls are finished in a spicy Creole sauce, in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom