KL's Pineapple Salsa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
This was requested from me at the dinner thread. It's simple and delicious with both fish and pork.

KL's Pineapple Salsa

1 1/2 cups of pineapple cut into small chunks. (canned or fresh)
-drain the pineapple well after chopping.

1/3 cup combo of green and red bell pepper (fine dice)
1/3 cup red onion (fine dice)
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 very small Seranno chili, (seeds and veins removed) (fine dice) Jalapeno could be used but the Seranno has better flavor with equal heat of a large Jalapeno imo.
2 tsp. Kosher salt
1/4 cup white wine or distilled vinegar (not rice wine vinegar)

Combine and let the flavors get to know each other in the fridge for a couple of hours.
We've really enjoyed it with both swordfish and fried pork chops.

Attachments

• P6160062[1].jpg
    P6160062[1].jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like it would go with carnitas, chicken fajitas.

I hope you enjoy it ladies! At my son's house today he smoked some killer brats with buns, and I wish I had made another batch of the pineapple salsa to top them. Ohh yeahhhh....

That'll go good w just about anything. Could even be good on ham pizza.

Just a note on salsa many of you probably already know. If you're gonna keep it in the fridge, use a mason jar.

I made some up a couple years ago, a couple days before Christmas and put it in standard Tupperware. When I got to my brother's place for Christmas the salsa had fridge taste to it. Both my brothers knew instantly. That salsa was a flop.

Last edited:
Kay, that salsa looks and sounds great. I can see using it to stuf bone-in chicken breast, or used as the filling to a beef, or pork rouladen. I believe it would be great with grlled shrimp, or scallop kabobs. In short, it looks like a very versatile sauce. And there's no tomato in it, which is great fo me. Thanks for sharing.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom