Kitchen Sink Chicken Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I had 3/4 of a Costco rotary chicken left. The seasoning was simply salt. It was pretty tender. I ate two meals of legs from it. I decided to turn the rest into soup. It really tastes great, and is very filling, and low carb. It has everything but the kitchen sink in it, hence its name. Here's how I made it.

Chief's Kitchen Sink Chicken Soup

Ingredients:
3/4 rotisserie chicken
1 shallot
3/4 cup diced carrot
2 stalks celery, with leaves
1 bulb garlic
1 tsp. old Bay seasoning
1 cup chicken bone broth
1 tbs. Better Than Bullion Roasted Chicken soup base
2 cups stringless sugar snap peas
3/4 cup riced cauliflower
2 tbs. cooking oil

Remove all chicken meat from the carcass, saving all bones. Dice the meat into half inch cubes. Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Place diced carrot, sliced celery, and minced shallot into pot. Brown over medium heat for three minutes.

Add the chicken bone broth, the Better Than Bullion, and two cups of water to the pot. Add the chicken bones, and skin. Simmer for sixty minutes.

Remove all bones, and set aside to cool. Add the garlic bulb, riced cauliflower, and remaining veggies. Add the salt, old Bay, thyme, and sage.
put the meat into the pot. Cover, and simmer for anther hour. Pick all the meat from the bones, and add to the soup. Taste, and correct the seasoning.

There are no grains, or grain products in this soup; so it's low carb. The cauliflower adds body s it disintegrates into the broth. I even microwave the chicken container to liquify the gelatin, and add that to the soup. This soup will warm you up, and fill your belly, all with great flavor.:mrgreen:

Since there are no noodles, rice, dumplings, or grains, you can serve this with buttered dinner rolls, garlic bread, or biscuits. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Well, I just had my first, big bull-full of the soup. The taste couldn't be better. However, it needs a counterpoint, something to add texture, and that will compliment the flavor. I can't eat what it needs, but you can. Add a cup of black eyed peas, or maybe drained, and rinsed black beans to this soup. I believe it would just take it right over the top, like a cassoulet, sort of. I think corn would be too sweet. If you want a grain, pearl barley would be good, again sticking to the lower carb theme.:)

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

On a light soup like that sometimes we do garlic bread or grilled cheese to dip into it. Or we add black beans as a bulk up(kidney beans, etc are fine to just I like black)

Back
Top Bottom