Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, guys. This wasn't exactly on my to-do list. If we don't get this house on the market soon, the real estate listing will brag about a new roof AND all new appliances. :oops: This one isn't as nice as the LG, but I don't plan on using it forever.

@dragnlaw we've had through-the-door ice and water for ages. I got into the habit of shaking the ice bin a couple times a week.

Well CG, I sorta figured you would, but thought I'd mention it.

So beware future fridge owners who have never had a door water/ice dispenser! Keep 'em moving!

I bought a couple things.
OXO Potato Masher

OXO-masher.jpg

Mini spats (8")
mini-spats.jpg

Quarter sheet pan racks
quarter-sheet-racks.jpg

yup, I agree, very nice. But I also really like the smaller racks too. so handy for so many things.
I bought them to put in my 9"×13" roasting pans. I use them for roast chicken, turkey breast, etc. Nice to use a rack that fits the pan. These will also be easier to clean than the grid type racks.

I "follow" this guy on You Tub and DH was watching with me a few days a ago and this guy made Grandma Pizza, which we love and order here in Cowboyville often.
So why not make our own?
He's a great host :

And I ordered the pan suggested ... it came today!
IMG_2665.JPG

Soooooo excited!
I'm making the dough tomorrow and then we'll have a pizza party!

taxy, my ceramic knives that I got as a promo from Stokes or Think Kitchen, are in the bottom of a box in storage somewhere. Which is exactly where they belong. Hope you didn't pay too much for them.

Kgirl, that pan looks like it might be great for focaccia too!

Back when ceramic knives were all the rage, I bought a Kyocera chef's knife. Didn't care for it at all. gave it away.

I "follow" this guy on You Tub and DH was watching with me a few days a ago and this guy made Grandma Pizza, which we love and order here in Cowboyville often.
So why not make our own?
He's a great host :

And I ordered the pan suggested ... it came today!
View attachment 63789

Soooooo excited!
I'm making the dough tomorrow and then we'll have a pizza party!
I just use my jelly roll pan.

I wasn't crazy about the ceramic knives, either, many years ago - only a couple small paring knives and a ceramic pulling parer, which actually worked very well, though eventually, it broke. One of the paring knives I gave to a friend - the other is in buried a drawer in the dining room. I'm surprised they are starting a comeback - it seems I really didn't hear any great reviews about them back then.

That's true guys. I was surprised when more started coming on the market. And yes, I remember the parer like that as well. worked but broke. Aside from the fact I couldn't stand those Y parers anyhow - still think they are dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom