Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I've never made ravioli I just had to have one of these when I saw the kids on Masterchef Junior using them. A ravioli maker.
81UlHqiLl1L.jpg

Have fun making ravioli.

I've been trying to get my energy up enough to tackle making ravioli. I was planning on doing them freehand but this tool was my second choice if freehand didn't work out.

Have fun making ravioli.

I've been trying to get my energy up enough to tackle making ravioli. I was planning on doing them freehand but this tool was my second choice if freehand didn't work out.
I hear you on getting up the energy. I've made pasta and rolled it out by hand once. I need a pasta roller thing for my KA mixer.

I used to have one of these, but it got lost in one of my moves.

Mezza Luna.jpg

I found it on Amazon while looking for something totally not related. At the bottom of the page there were a whole bunch of stovetop espresso makers and I recognized a brand name on one of them and searched it out. Lo and behold, there it was!

They call it a pizza chopper, but I treat it as a modern style mezza luna. I use it for all kinds of chopping, from fruits and vegetables to nuts, and everything in between.

Last edited:
That mezza luna style pizza cutter looks really nifty. I went and had a look on Amazon.ca. One person gave a great review and pointed out that the handle part on this one is properly centred over the blade, not just rolled and off to one side (like my bench scraper). I thought that was a valuable point.

If it wasn't so long, I would get one right away. I don't have space to store it, while I have a perfectly adequate pizza wheel. I did talk to DH about it. If he decides we need a new pizza cutting tool, I don't want him just getting another wheel. If we need to get a replacement pizza cutting tool, I will do my best to make space to store this one.

Last edited:
beautiful! and, of course, the name only adds to the beauty! LOL

Went to both Amazon...com and Amazon...ca - many of their knives are unavailable. Even going to their website, clic on an item and it drops you right back to Amazon.

Congrats msmofet!

It worked better than the poultry shears I have, which barely did anything in the way of cutting through the bones.

beautiful! and, of course, the name only adds to the beauty! LOL

Went to both Amazon...com and Amazon...ca - many of their knives are unavailable. Even going to their website, clic on an item and it drops you right back to Amazon.

Congrats msmofet!

Have a look here Kitchen knives [I hope that link works]. I have bought a knife like the one pictured above, and also the best poultry shears I have ever come across. Even with my nearly useless hands, they are easy to use and cut through just about everything.

Nice, @GinnyPNW. I haven't worn a watch in ages even though I have a really nice Bulova. Instead, I have used the timer on my cellphone so I can take my timer wherever I go. Pants with pockets have become a must so my arthritic hands don't drop it, though.
I'm with you! I've not worn a watch since 1996...but I wanted to see about the "new" kind of watch and, so far, so good. With this one, I don't even need my glasses, just touch it and it tells me the time! And, keeps track of many things for me, mirror of the phone.

Back
Top Bottom