Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zakaria, have never ordered from them, but looks like neat stuff.

Only I believe their area code is in the UK? You had best check shipping details before ordering.

Today's treat is a homemade Italian Cream Soda...and it is yummy!!! Lemon-lime. I used less syrup than called for, but I think I'll try even less next time. Still...very good!

Attachments

• IMG_6702.jpg
    IMG_6702.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 3
Today's drink is a Sparkling Shirley Temple. Clearly not a drink made with 7-up, but that's a good thing in my book! Just 2 slices of lemon, 3 slices of lime, a tablespoon of grenadine and some maraschino cherries....add water and wave the magic wand...

Attachments

• IMG_6705.jpg
    IMG_6705.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 2
I used to love getting a Shirley Temple cocktail. When my parents went out to a resto, they would often order dry martinis. On those occasions, I got a Shirley Temple cocktail. It was great fun to get a cocktail that looked like something the grownups would get, when I was a little kid. Back then, they were always served in an "old fashioned" glass with at least one maraschino cherry. There was also usually a half or whole slice of orange, either on the stick holding the cherries, or hanging on the edge of the glass.

Today's taste treat is an Orange/Vanilla combo. Inspired by the good ol' 50/50 bar. It is very tasty! I used a zero cal "bubly drops" plus some Torino vanilla. So color, so no pictures...but I'll make this one again and again! Yum!

You are having so much fun with that thing, @GinnyPNW! I wonder if Himself would actually use one. I would surprise him with one as a Christmas gift, but I am afraid that I would be wasting my money.
I takes 90 seconds for the machine to do its thing. If you get complicated, I suppose one could spend another minute "making" the drink. You can put bubbles into just about any drink...but you cannot use oils. You can make your own wine spritzers too...and Arnold Palmers with bubbles.

They are on sale right now. 99 bucks. But, that's not a good deal, if it just sits on a shelf???

Today's soda treat is a Cherry Cola. Just carbonated water and then I added some of the SodaStream Cherry Cola mix. I used about 1/2 the recommended amount and it is perfect. I told DH, that is tastes more like a fountain drink as opposed to a can or bottle soda. The bubbles are finer. For those Champagne afficionados, no Toad's Eyes!

graphics-soda-311202.gif

CG, I had one which I loved. My brother still loves his. But... if you have acid reflux - do not go overboard with the fuzzies. It is worth it if you are diabetic and would still like your "soft drinks" . This, as Ginny is showing you, very versatile. Unfortunately I got carried away and just made my acid reflux worse LOL, typical of me. I sold it.

I got my order from ThermoWorks today. I got:
1 x Thermapen® ONE
Color Black
1 x DOT® Simple Alarm Thermometer
Color Black
1 x Thermapen® ONE Silicone Boot,
Magnetic Glow-in-the-Dark
Notice that the "Boot" is specific to the Thermapen ONE. There are slightly different sizes/configurations of boots for the various types of Thermapen. The one I got today comes with a lanyard and there is a tiny loop in the boot to attach the lanyard to. It also only has one magnet on the back. I hope that is enough to stick it to my fridge, etc. The one for the Classic Thermapen has two magnets on the back, but no lanyard attachment. I see that the openings for the LED screen are different sizes and shapes for the two different Thermapens. If you buy a silicone boot for your Thermapen, make sure to get the boot that fits your Thermapen.

The really good news is that I tried the probe that comes with the DOT alarm in my ChefAlarm thermometer and it works. That means that it was the probe that was the problem and it's worth getting a new one.

Here's the stuff I received today:

PXL_20221230_013244992.jpg

And here is my "old", blue, Classic Thermapen, wearing its boot; my new, black, Thermapen ONE; and the new boot and lanyard.

PXL_20221230_013331594.jpg

And here is the same thing, but the boots are showing their backs.

PXL_20221230_013626346.jpg

Nice, @taxlady. I never knew about the "boot" when I got my Thermapen. I guess mine will keep on going barefoot. ?
Well, now you know to look for one, if you are buying something else from them. I love the fact that I can just store my ThermaPen on the side of the fridge, the side towards the stove. And glow in the dark is very handy when someone drops it while grilling after dusk. I will admit, it's a PITA to get the boot on and off and you have to do that to change batteries or to change between °F and °C.

Nice, @Kaneohegirlinaz. Mine doesn't have the food processor bowl or whisk, just the blending cup, but I still use it often. I really like it when I need to blend soup - no pouring hot soup into a blender pitcher, just carefully working my way around the pot of soup.
This is my third Stick Blender, I simply adore them!
The other two I had, I wore out.
I like this one because it has double the power of my last one.
And I can't wait to try out that mini food processor.
+1 on CG's comments! I love mine too. Especially for soups and sauces.
RIGHT!
I use mine alot for soups and sauces.
I like the cup so that you can puree a small portion of the some to "thicken" it.
I have other plans for it as well, but foe now, I've got it tucked away in its box for later.
DH has big plans for Smoothies and Milkshakes ;)

My first one I got at a "Home Show". Before they were popular. I loved that one. It has a "whipping blade". My current one is a cordless and I love that feature, as I keep it in the cabinet under the cooktop. Very handy. For Smoothies, I prefer to use my power blender...but I could see your point too.

Back
Top Bottom