Joy of pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marlingardener

Sous Chef
We have two cats, formerly feral but now cuddle buddies. We get so much joy out of seeing them each morning coming to the porch, getting petted, and having breakfast. During the pandemic, and now with the world situation, they are keeping us sane!
Do you have pets that bring you joy?

We have 2 dogs...shhhhhh, don't tell them I said that! They are quite sure there are humans and superior ones at that! I don't know what we would do without them. In fact, many years (& dogs) ago, we started RVing, so that we can vacation with the whole family. The attached picture was taken on a camping trip a couple of years back...but is quite typical of the "seating" arrangements. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 4
We used to have a cat that brought us much joy and happiness - he passed in 2014 at almost 20 from old age. My daughter named him "The Evil Mojo Jojo" from the cartoon Power Puff Girls.

At 73, I've had pets all my life, mostly cats and dogs. The only time I was without fur babies was when I was in college and they weren't allowed. Although I was able to visit them at home during school breaks.

At the moment, we have two kitties, Sally (16) and Bella (10) who love us beyond measure. Along with our feline babies we have Harley (12) a boxer mix that we adopted from our local shelter and Sparky (6) our spoiled beyond measure Husky, also from the shelter.

They all comfort and support us daily and we couldn't be happier that they "own" us.

For some of you who have been here a while, you will be familiar with Teddy, AKA: Psycho Poodle (my avatar photo).

Earlier in the summer, he was diagnosed with cancer, and it was untreatable. I had to have him put down in August, just a few weeks short of his 11th birthday.

I still have his table and bowls next to my kitchen table.

TeddyTable.jpg

CD

For some of you who have been here a while, you will be familiar with Teddy, AKA: Psycho Poodle (my avatar photo).

Earlier in the summer, he was diagnosed with cancer, and it was untreatable. I had to have him put down in August, just a few weeks short of his 11th birthday.

I still have his table and bowls next to my kitchen table.

View attachment 61798

CD
Sorry to read that. (((Hugs))) that's always hard, even when we know it's what's best for our fur friends.

Caseydog, that was the last loving thing you could do for Teddy. You are to be commended for thinking of Teddy's comfort first, and to be consoled for losing him.
We lost a beloved Golden Retriever at age 14. We thought to never have another dog. That lasted three months. A "hooman" needs a fur fix, so you may find yourself with another pet after a while. If so, lucky pet!

We fostered a pair of kittens twice and a senior cat long-term. I volunteer in a cat shelter too and I'm TNR certified.

Never thought I was a cat person until we got 1 ( then 2, then 3 ....). I always thought I was a dog person, until we got one lol. Our latest addition is Shlomo. He was found in he middle of the street at 3 weeks old by a co worker. I had to bottle feed for 2 weeks ( at first every 4 hours). needless to say, I didn get much sleep. And now, we got ourself a mini-celebrity , as we submitted his photo to the newspaper, and he made the cut. Of course I bought a bunch of papers to save and my wife told everyone. Currently, we have 3 indoor cats (Claire 16, Lenore 15 and Shlomo 1 1/2 . 5 Outdoor cats (Butch 8, Susan, Chezzy, Bill and Umbilicus (all 7. from 2 different litters ( Butch is their mom. We didnt know she was a she until after naming her, and the name stucK). Roy is an occasional visitor, but the others ( especially Bill) try too keep him off the property.

Attachments

• Gishy.png
    Gishy.png
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Gishy 2 .png
    Gishy 2 .png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Gishy 1.png
    Gishy 1.png
    1 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back