It's Here, It's Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Give Italian sausages a try and finish them on a grill or griddle. I love them this way.

Sounds great! How long do you cook the sausages and at what temp? I always vacuum seal my sausages, before freezing, so they are ready, once I thaw them. I won't be doing this anytime soon, since I have 7" of snow on the grill now!

Sounds great! How long do you cook the sausages and at what temp? I always vacuum seal my sausages, before freezing, so they are ready, once I thaw them. I won't be doing this anytime soon, since I have 7" of snow on the grill now!
We got the cooking times and temps right out of book. We have an Anova. The times listed here seem about right depending on your taste. We have not tried this recipe though. https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/recipe/sous-vide-sausage

Medium 140F, Well 155F for 2-3 hours. If frozen add 30 minutes to your cook time.

Sausage is great in cold weather too...

Definitely! But I don't want to have to clean the snow off my grill, before uncovering it...and we are expecting 4-8" again, tomorrow into Monday.:( Cold doesn't bother me - it's that white stuff I don't like.

I always watch our weather and if it's lookin' like there's gonna be any sort of precipitation, I move the Gas Grill over under the patio roof. I grill year round, but I also have a Grill on wheels. My husband wanted to build an outdoor kitchen type stationary grill, but I like it mobile.
Pepper, what sort of grill do you have?

Definitely! But I don't want to have to clean the snow off my grill, before uncovering it...and we are expecting 4-8" again, tomorrow into Monday.:( Cold doesn't bother me - it's that white stuff I don't like.

Ah! Just sear off in cast iron or get a torch and do it.

Some sous vide chicken thighs from tonight with salsa verde, beans and potatoes.

145 for about 3ish hours, then into a single layer to cool overnight. For service, can just go skin side down to render the fat and get it nice and crispy, flip and sear. Or dredge in flour and cornstarch and fry up crispy. Great to have on hand for a quick dinner.

KX1CLIT.jpg

Sausage is great in cold weather too...

Ah! Just sear off in cast iron or get a torch and do it.

That's what I do, or broil them in the oven for a minute or two. If you already got them to a safe temperature, all you are trying to do is give them some tasty browning.

That's what I do, or broil them in the oven for a minute or two. If you already got them to a safe temperature, all you are trying to do is give them some tasty browning.

Tasty tasty browning.... arrggllhelehhargglehhge

:yum:

Back
Top Bottom