Its effects blanched and roasted cabbage..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
i've noticed that roasted cabbage can be gaseous..
so my attempt to boil [this time for two minutes] and then strain, season [with oil salt pepper and msg] and roast came out well..
i've added some balsamic and honey at the end..

i recommend..

ideas for improving even more are welcome

Attachments

• cf93c67f-019f-40a3-a518-53c787ab3d29.jpeg
    cf93c67f-019f-40a3-a518-53c787ab3d29.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 10
It looks and sounds great.
A cole slaw of shredded cabbage and carrot (optional apples). Dressing in a blender of raw cashews, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mustard, celery seed, S&P.

Some of the other members in the cabbage-family are: cauliflower, bok choy, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, turnip, and radish.
If you eat them regularly the bacteria in your microbiome will digest them with less gas. Some fermentation is bound to happen, causing gas.

Nice/good idea Seeing to Believe. Thanks! Maybe a bit more work but for people who suffer it's not.

bliss - did not know, but never really thought about it, for Bok Choy being in that family, duh... Radish for sure I never suspected.

here is another peak..

cool
coleslaw is raw
so i will wait to the winter with raw cabbage. those grown in summer much more gasous in my opinion..

maybe next time i will add caraway for taste and ease of digestion (in case caraway really does help).. anyway.. blanching for two minutes seem to help a lot and also making it more tasty..

one clarificaion. you dont need a lot of honey and balsamic. just a bit..

Attachments

• IMG_20240926_202553.jpg
    IMG_20240926_202553.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
i've noticed that roasted cabbage can be gaseous..
so my attempt to boil [this time for two minutes] and then strain, season [with oil salt pepper and msg] and roast came out well..
i've added some balsamic and honey at the end..

i recommend..

ideas for improving even more are welcome
I'm guessing from the picture that you roasted the cabbage after you blanched it, eh?

Nice/good idea Seeing to Believe. Thanks! Maybe a bit more work but for people who suffer it's not.

bliss - did not know, but never really thought about it, for Bok Choy being in that family, duh... Radish for sure I never suspected.
It's startling how many vegetables are brassicas. So, since you were surprised by radishes, did you know that turnips (and rutabuggers) are also brassicas? Another surprising one is mustard. How about canola oil? Yup, brassica.

Rapeseed - is a member of the mustard family, as taxy says mustard is also in the brassica family. But only the seeds are used, I highly doubt it could cause gaseous side effects. LOL
Has multiple uses including jet oil lubricant. So the next time your plane "passes wind" you can blame it on the seeds.

oooh, that was really bad, eh?

Rapeseed - is a member of the mustard family, as taxy says mustard is also in the brassica family. But only the seeds are used, I highly doubt it could cause gaseous side effects. LOL
Has multiple uses including jet oil lubricant. So the next time your plane "passes wind" you can blame it on the seeds.

No, the mustard greens are a vegetable and a yummy one at that.

I'm guessing from the picture that you roasted the cabbage after you blanched it, eh?
yes
blanching and then roasting..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom