Italian Alps Feast 25 Feb 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what are you going to make Cora? The polenta dish you were thinking of earlier?
We are going to do our old standby Pizzocheri, I even went to the gym early today (the lesson was at midday, really too early for us on a Saturday!!) to accomodate this rich treat for two weeks in a row!!:rolleyes:

we're having polenta stacked with asparagus, ham & provolone, piccolina's mushrooms and giandua gelato. I've started making the gelato so it can cool before putting it into the ice cream maker tonight. having trouble getting the peels off the hazelnuts though. All I could find at the store were chopped hazelnuts and I think that is making it harder.

Well today we cook :LOL: We will have stufffed mushroom caps and tuna stufed eegs,and roasted figs with proscuitto..Dinner: 3 cheese polenta with a mushroom sauce for those who want it, spicy carrot salad, braised artichokes, I'm doing a small pork roast for the men, they think they will starve without meat of some sort, so I'm just fixing pork roast studded with rosemary and garlic. Have the citrus and campari granita going..Hope I can do it right. Girls are bringing a tart, have a hunch it will be chocolate but, they aren't talking :ROFLMAO:

So, that's it for us, How about you?

kadesma:)

The gelato is going to be good!!! It was very hard to resist tasting. The stuffed mushrooms may leave something to be desired, like real pesto! I had a jar in the fridge and I opened it to find mold. Went to our tiny store up the road and they had packaged mc cormick dried pesto. I'll fudge it with that, I suppose, but would be so much better if I had the real stuff.

Everything was delicious!!! The fake pesto turned out alright too. dh said it was a winner. Definitely something I will make again. Gelato is in the machine right now, I keep sneeking tastes. It is very decadent, right up my alley.

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 220
texasgirl said:
I should have come to your house, corazon. What is that on top?
Is that cheese on the asparagus?
yep, provolone. Polenta was the bottom layer, topped with ham & asparagus sauteed in evoo, garlic & red pepper flakes. Piccolina's stuffed mushrooms there too. dh declared it a keeper. It would be a very good summer meal, as it is light and refreshing.
The gelato was out of this world, dh said "powerful." Very decadent and rich. Just a couple small bites was enough to satisfy. Here's the link-
http://www.oregonlive.com/recipes/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/living/1139009134238040.xml&coll=7

Poor Texas, sorry!! If you ever come to Rome we will fix you a special feast!!:-p

Cora, your dinner looks gorgeous!! Well done!! and how was the gelato??? (I know you can't go wrong with gianduia!!:rolleyes: )

Back
Top Bottom