ISO Rotisserie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
As you may know I keep kosher. Unfortunately there is really no place in town for a simple Rotisserie chicken. Before we started keeping Kosher we had Boston Market restaurants in town. I'm not saying it is the best chicken I've had, but I used to like the simplicity.
I decided to look into purchasing counter top Rotisserie.
Does anybody have one? How often do you use it? Does it pay to heave one, if you do it only once in a while?
Any way any advise is appreciated.
I trust you guys and girls of course. ;)

Thank you in advance.

I have a rotisserie attachment for my Emeril Lagasbag airfryer oven, but I quickly found out that it was cheaper to buy a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket than to buy a raw chicken and do my own, but, in your case, I wouldn't think the rotisserie chickens in the supermarket have been koshered, but I doubt the Boston Market (there are still a few around) chickens are koshered or halaled.

Of course there is always the old standby, The Ronco 3000 Showtime Rotesserie. Just set it and forget it! Buy your chicken in a certified kosher or halal market and roast your own. Ronco rotisseries is available at Amazon for 200 bucks American.
074978ca-5172-41d5-805a-e6366c0e5e1a.3bd52c35d8b83e76c59d6bd0fb121946.jpeg

Last edited:
Charlie, the way I'd look at it is $ against usage.

$200. divided by 8 times a year, plus the cost of the raw bird.
Around here Rotis chickens go for between 7 and 9 $ Cdn. and up.

But you might end up using it more often. Perhaps finding other recipes?

Charlie, the way I'd look at it is $ against usage.

$200. divided by 8 times a year, plus the cost of the raw bird.
Around here Rotis chickens go for between 7 and 9 $ Cdn. and up.

But you might end up using it more often. Perhaps finding other recipes?

I'm pretty sure that Charlie can't find kosher rotisserie chicken where he lives. I'm pretty sure I saw it in one of the kosher butcher shops in Montreal. It's not common by any means.

Beer can chicken gives you the same flavor. However, a rotisserie will allow you to cook kabobs, roasts, different kinds of fowel, and veggies. You might also consider a rotisserie attachment for a gas, or charcoal grill.

The more types of food you cook in your rotisserie, the more use you wiĺl get out of it, helping to make it more cost effective, and valueď in your home.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Charlie, do you have an outdoor grill? If so, look for a rotisserie add on. I purchased an all stainless electric rotisserie that fit on my gas grill for under $100 (I think it was about $70). If you use your grill, you have the additional choice of using a smoke box, which you can't do indoors. Plus, it's easier to clean.

Our toaster oven has a rotisserie feature and we use it quite often. As for cooking a whole chicken our appliance has a limit of a 4-pound chicken. In today's world those are a bit difficult to find but they do exist.

Our toaster oven has a rotisserie feature and we use it quite often. As for cooking a whole chicken our appliance has a limit of a 4-pound chicken. In today's world those are a bit difficult to find but they do exist.

Think rock cornish game hen. They come two to a package and two will fit in the rotisserie. For me, half of a game hen is the protein for one meal.

Sounds like I may just have to forgo this option. To use somethin that is going to cost couple hundred bucks 8 times a year (as dagnlaw said) and have an appliance seat on the counter rest of the time makes no sense.

Thank you everybody.

For 200 bucks you can get the air fryer oven with a rotisserie that does about 10 other things besides rotisserie from toast to dehydrate. You will find you are using your regular oven a lot less, which could save you the 200 bucks in electricity over a one year period.

For 200 bucks you can get the air fryer oven with a rotisserie that does about 10 other things besides rotisserie from toast to dehydrate. You will find you are using your regular oven a lot less, which could save you the 200 bucks in electricity over a one year period.

But, if Charlie uses an air fryer for meat, everything else cooked or dehydrated in that oven will not be kosher for dairy. But, I'm not an expert on kosher rules, so there might be some way around that.

I have one for my Weber 22.5 charcoal grill. Love it. I purchased an after market basket that I use to roast Hatch chiles and so far chicken wings. Prespraying with the Pam made for grilling makes clean up a breeze.;)

Craig

Back
Top Bottom