ISO Quality Waffle Iron Brand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my own kitchen my slow cooker was indispensable, especially when I was having family/friends in. Freed up my oven and burners for other things.

fwiw . . .

our daughter gifted us a Hamilton Beach deep aka Belgium waffle maker - pour in the batter, flip to distribute. replaced a 1940 era Sunbeam with an over heating cord and sparking plug . . .

it does fine job - except . . .
when thoroughly pre-heated, takes seven minutes to do the first waffle.
on the second, take ~9 minutes. that's like , , , not so good.

it is labeled as 1000 watts - it is obviously seriously under powered to work in the "breakfast for two" situation.

I've got an eye on the higher wattage (1400-1600) double sided rotating style.
the single sided you'll often see in hotel/motel breakfast bars...
looks like
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IA3HJGG

Last edited:
I really don't know why flip style waffle irons are so popular. Flip waffle irons were developed before electric waffle irons, The downward side was close to the heat source. The iron was flipped to cook the other side.

I have hade modern flip irons, rectangular irons with differing removable grids, round irons with a moat, etc. The least messy were cool touch with a moat, followed by the square iron with removable plates. The square one cooked four waffles at a time.

Examples of multi-purpose waffle irons:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NPYK18O/ref=sbl_dpx_kitchen-electric-cookware_B08K2XGR9Z_0
https://www.amazon.com/ANHPI-Multi-functional-Waffle-Removable-Machine/dp/B0791GSGYC

More can be found online.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Get one with removable plates. Mine doesn't have them and it is a PITA to clean.

Also, if you are cooking for more than 2, expect to be making waffles while everybody else eats and sometimes come back for seconds before you get to sit down, OR get more than 1 waffle maker if you expect to make them frequently for multiple people.

Get one with removable plates. Mine doesn't have them and it is a PITA to clean.

Also, if you are cooking for more than 2, expect to be making waffles while everybody else eats and sometimes come back for seconds before you get to sit down, OR get more than 1 waffle maker if you expect to make them frequently for multiple people.

if you use it regularly for more than a few people, get the kind that makes 4 at once rather than just 2. that way you won't be cooking, hungry, while everyone else waits to be served.

If you want to make thin, American-style waffles, I would recommend purchasing either the All Clad 99012GT or Breville No Mess classic round waffle makers. They both cost about $150 but they are built like tanks and they both heat pretty evenly.

The best affordable classic round waffle maker is the Cuisinart WMR-CA. You can buy it for about $30. it has a weighted lid and 1000 watt heat elements.

The only thin waffle maker with removable plates is the Black and Decker G48TD 3-in-1. One side of the plates can cook 4 thin waffles at a time and the other side can cook eggs, sandwiches, and bacon strips.

I found a use for my slow cooker. I'm using the crock to pickle some cucumbers. No, I'm not turning it on. It's just a crock and not taking any space that wasn't already in use. :p

Back
Top Bottom