ISO Quality Waffle Iron Brand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVcook

Assistant Cook
I am considering the purchase of a waffle iron. It seems that the irons are in the $30-$50 range or $150-200 range. Any suggestions for a waffle iron that has been purchased in the last couple years? Quality has definitely changed over the years, so I am looking at what can be purchased now. I hope that makes sense. TIA

Krups, Cuisinart, Brevil, Hamilton Beach all make good waffles. Decide whether you want standard, or Belgian waffles. Look for an iron with romovable plates, and something that will catch any drips.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
I have the Breville Smart Waffle Iron. I love it. It is a bit more than your mentioned ranges, but I've never been sorry. It makes perfect waffles, light, medium or dark, your choice.

I have a Cuisinar Griddle/Grill/Waffle. Griddle and Grill are same plates, Waffle plates were purchased separately. Love them all.

I believe you can buy the Cuisina r with just the waffle plates.

Easy to clean, seems to heat evenly. Very happy.

Thank you all for the replies. I will have to research a bit more before I decide. You have been helpful

i like the kind with removable plates for cleaning but my kids say the waffles and sandwiches don't taste as good.

My daughter complained about the taste given off by a crockpot. I never noticed, probably because the crockpot made working FT and having dinner on the table at a reasonable time was more important. And then I tasted it. I bought a new crockpot, thinking the old one took on a funny smell/taste. Nope, that one had the same problem. I wonder if it is the teflon or nonstick surface

My daughter complained about the taste given off by a crockpot. I never noticed, probably because the crockpot made working FT and having dinner on the table at a reasonable time was more important. And then I tasted it. I bought a new crockpot, thinking the old one took on a funny smell/taste. Nope, that one had the same problem. I wonder if it is the teflon or nonstick surface

I think the issue is with how the cp cools than the nonstick surface.

When I plan to purchase a small appliance, I consider how often I will use it. I make waffles for snow days/school called off but never large family breakfast meals.

I have a slow cooker that boils liquids in 3 minutes. I use it for a paper weight!

I don’t have a crockpot anymore. It was a strange off flavor- not rancid but off.

I find crockpots useful for items that need time for the flavors to develop while slowly simmering, like chili, or tomato based pasta sauces. Also good for some soups, New England Boiled Dinner, baked beans, things like that. I' rather use an Instapot, or pressure cooker thogh.

If you' never made yeast risen Belgian waffles, they are wonderful. That's how they are supposed to be made.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I use the instant pot infrequently. I probably need more practice. I like using my Dutch oven for the long slow cooks.

I plan to create a high proteinish and high fiber waffle. Yeast based is probably a good idea.

I agree. I don't like the flavor of food made in the slow cooker. It tastes all muddled and not very good. Btw, my slow cooker has a ceramic insert, not non-stick.

I've never cooked with a slow cooker or InstaPot. Haven't used a pressure cooker since the 70s. Had an air fryer "forced"on me at Christmas. Don't like it.

I'm OK with pots and pans.

Here's an interesting article comparing cooking various items in a slow cooker, pressure cooker, and a Dutch oven. Slow cooker comes in dead last.
https://www.seriouseats.com/why-pressure-cookers-are-better-than-slow-cookers

I had a slow cooker years ago, that I was given as a gift (even though I told people not to buy me anything for my kitchen!). I seldom used it, and only for odd things, like caramelizing batches of onions. Dutch ovens were always my favorites for stews and the like. However, I do use the "slow cooker" mode in the Instant Pot, for cooking certain legumes, or whole grains, and getting them to just the right doneness, which is easier this way, than in a pressure cooker (easily overcooked) or regular cooking. Sometimes, if two things are going in the same salad, I'll put the one in that takes less time later, and it's easy to get them done at the same time. But this is just preparing certain ingredients - not a recipe.

As for the original topic of the thread, the waffle iron I have is a fairly cheap Chefman model - for Belgian waffles, and it does work well, with an adjustable 6 heat knob. And something I liked about it, which some others may also have, is it has a small clamp that holds it shut, keeping the waffle an even thickness, as excess leaks out, when overfilled. Plates are removable, but not easily - screwed in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom