ISO - President's Choice 'The Decadent' Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PwrSrg

Assistant Cook
I have been searching for the President's Choice 'The Decadent' Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for YEARS, and still haven't found it. I have searched Google up and down many, many times and have had no luck.

Can anyone help me??

Presidents Choice is a Canadian brand name, and the cookies come in a 300g package. You can buy them on Amazon.

There is a recipe for the cookies on the back of the Presidents Choice decadent semi-sweet chocolate chips and chocolate chunks bags. Unfortunately, the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks are only available in Canada as far as I know. Someone posted the recipe at Food.com, but I can't guarantee that it's accurate.

Last edited:
I checked out the Provigo site (it's one of the stores that sells President's Choice products). I can't find the recipe. I found the chocolate chips, but I won't be buying them, because they have soy lecithin and I'm not supposed to have soy. Maybe another member of DC who lives in Canada has a package of the chocolate chips and can give you the recipe. They might even be able to upload a picture of the back of a package of those chocolate chips. Then you would know that it was the "official recipe".

Presidents Choice is a Canadian brand name, and the cookies come in a 300g package. You can buy them on Amazon.

There is a recipe for the cookies on the back of the Presidents Choice decadent semi-sweet chocolate chips and chocolate chunks bags. Unfortunately, the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks are only available in Canada as far as I know. Someone posted the recipe at Food.com, but I can't guarantee that it's accurate.

Looking at the food.com recipe, the cookies seem like just about any other chocolate chip cookie.

For me, the Nieman Marcus cookies are the bomb.

Hi Sir, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am very aware of the brand, and they used to also be here in the States, which is how I am aware of the cookies to begin with.

Unfortunately, the recipe you are referring to on the back of their chocolate chunks bag is NOT the Decadent recipe. The Decadent cookies are made with coconut and fresh creamery butter, neither of which are in their generic chocolate chunks recipe.

Here is that recipe for reference - https://www.food.com/recipe/simply-sensational-chocolate-chip-cookies-131151

What I am looking for is the COPY-CAT recipe. ?

Thanks!

Hi Sir, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am very aware of the brand, and they used to also be here in the States, which is how I am aware of the cookies to begin with.

Unfortunately, the recipe you are referring to on the back of their chocolate chunks bag is NOT the Decadent recipe. The Decadent cookies are made with coconut and fresh creamery butter, neither of which are in their generic chocolate chunks recipe.

Here is that recipe for reference - https://www.food.com/recipe/simply-sensational-chocolate-chip-cookies-131151

What I am looking for is the COPY-CAT recipe. ?

Thanks!
This recipe is the closest to the actual Presents Choice Ulimate Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookie, BRAVO! The changes I've made to make it closer to the above mentioned cookie are as follows... added 2/3 cup of sweetened flaked coconut, used Toll House Brand chocolate chunks found on Amazon & 2/3 cup of instant oatmeal. A few time I've added chopped Macadamia nuts.

From the website of one of the grocery stores in Canada that carries President's Choice products, here is the list of ingredients for The Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies, (You might have to click "EN" in the top right hand corner. Or click the location button and tell it "Pointe-Claire".)

Ingredients​

Chocolate Chips (unsweetened Chocolate, Sugar, Dextrose, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla Extract), Enriched Wheat Flour, Butter, Brown Sugar, Sugar, Coconut (contains Sulphites), Modified Milk Ingredients, Dried Whole Egg, Baking Soda, Vanilla Extract, Salt. May Contain Peanuts And Tree Nuts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom