ISO osso buco recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so add the pancetta back when you put the veal back in to the oven for 2 hrs. so a cup of wine is 8 fluid ounces and a cup of onions is 8 dry ounces.

I will cook it saturday and tell you how it went.

When I list a cup of onions in a recipe, I mean you should chop enough onions to fill a one cup measuring cup. The same volume as a cup of wine.

i am in the UK , i am ok for cup for liquids but find it confusing for solids

andy m is this an american recipe if so could you tell me what a dry cup and liquid cup is . Also how thick is the sauce can it beenfit from pancetta or not .

andy m is this an american recipe if so could you tell me what a dry cup and liquid cup is . Also how thick is the sauce can it beenfit from pancetta or not .

This is an American recipe. A cup measure is a measure of volume, not weight. The measure of the ingredients in this recipe that call for cups or fractions of cups all use the same measuring cups. I use the individually sized cups rather than a graduated larger cup. As I said in my earlier post, it is equal to 237 ml.

These measures are not critical. If each is a little over or under, the recipe will not suffer. You may find, after making this recipe, that you want to change some of the quantities to suit your preference.

The sauce is slightly thick, not thick like a flour based gravy.

The pancetta will add another flavor note to the dish that my version of the recipe lacks. I think it's worth a try. I may add it to my recipe next time around.

i was thinking of adding it with the carrots and celerys as that stage. So ot confirm a cup of onions is what it takes water to fill a cup. So you want to fill a cup of onions effectively. Wouldnt it be easier to specify a number for us europeans .

If you prefer, use one meduim onion. I don't know how much it weighs.

As I said earlier, these measures are not critical. A little onion more or less will have little impact. Same for the carrots and celery.

ordered the calves shank for the osco busco now all raring to go for weekend

I think i am going to use san marzano tomatoes and if they are not jucy enough ill use a tin of tomatoes. Equally pancetta will be added with the celery and i have veal glace will this be better than chicken stock.

Your comments please

I think i am going to use san marzano tomatoes and if they are not jucy enough ill use a tin of tomatoes. Equally pancetta will be added with the celery and i have veal glace will this be better than chicken stock.

Your comments please

All good ideas. The veal glace will add a nice flavor to the dish.

The Dish is back on , my suppliers found osso busco hurrahhhhhhhhh , Fish in crazy water will be next week.

Hi all i got the osso busco today. They are calves Osso busco so looke smallish i.e the thickness of a Tbone so shall i follow the recipe but it will prob need less time to cook is this true.

Also i got free artichokes what do they taste like and how can one use them in the week

Hi all i got the osso busco today. They are calves Osso busco so looke smallish i.e the thickness of a Tbone so shall i follow the recipe but it will prob need less time to cook is this true.
Less time than what? Osso Buco is a long, slow-cooked dish. What size were you expecting them to be? Are they small enough that you would need to serve more than one per person?

Back
Top Bottom