ISO information w/griddle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zene

Assistant Cook
Hi ... I just got a Farberware 260 griddle new in box. Dealer sheet says 1979, price tag is "$40". EBay has used for $200. No idea what new is worth. Would like to keep unless I get greedy.
May I have suggestions? Had trouble with sending pic.
Zene

Hello Zene, Welcome to DC

All you could do is Google it and see what you come up with. Check the details and descriptions. Go the middle route if prices vary a great deal and you can always lower the price.

From the sounds of it seems to be a handy appliance if that is your need.

Good luck, Happy and delicous cooking on it!

This thread got me to thinking about past desires to have an electric griddle.

Reading Andy's comment, "It would be good for pancakes, burgers, bacon, etc." gave me the spirit to go buy something which isn't at all necessary but, something I've thought about having, over the years.

Made a quick trip to Walmart and picked up an Oster DiamondForce 10-Inch x 20-Inch Nonstick Electric Griddle with Warming Tray.

Made us bacon and pancakes for breakfast, this morning. :yum:

Instant gratification. :ermm: Hope my CI skillet isn't sad. :(

Ross

Attachments

• f8c01ea8-6a32-40ba-8d5f-991aaa694d56_1.c82d907b7bf6d5a00611e8a10ade3da4.jpg
    f8c01ea8-6a32-40ba-8d5f-991aaa694d56_1.c82d907b7bf6d5a00611e8a10ade3da4.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 19
I have a Cuisinart Griddler. It has smooth plates for pancakes and similar as well as ridged plates for burgers and panini.

Ain't cheap but I use them a lot and feel they were worth it.

I make a complete recipe batch of waffles (and pancakes) freeze them in serving bundles. Micro for the pancakes when wanted. Toaster oven for waffles when wanted.

Another win-win!!

Last edited:
I saw they are $40 on Amazon. But there was a caution on the site that it doesn't fit all models. I sent an inquiry off to Cuisinart.

I have a question about the griddles that can also make waffles. Does that mean that the flat griddle part is detachable? That it can go in the sink by itself? The reason I seldom use my griddle is that the cooking surface does not come off. I have to put the whole danged griddle in the sink and it only fits at a slant. It's a PITA to wash.

I have a question about the griddles that can also make waffles. Does that mean that the flat griddle part is detachable? That it can go in the sink by itself? The reason I seldom use my griddle is that the cooking surface does not come off. I have to put the whole danged griddle in the sink and it only fits at a slant. It's a PITA to wash.

I assume you are asking for the Griddler. They are detachable. I have two sets of plates: smooth, for pancakes and ribbed, for panini and meats.

This thread got me to thinking about past desires to have an electric griddle.

Reading Andy's comment, "It would be good for pancakes, burgers, bacon, etc." gave me the spirit to go buy something which isn't at all necessary but, something I've thought about having, over the years.

Made a quick trip to Walmart and picked up an Oster DiamondForce 10-Inch x 20-Inch Nonstick Electric Griddle with Warming Tray.

Made us bacon and pancakes for breakfast, this morning. :yum:

Instant gratification. :ermm: Hope my CI skillet isn't sad. :(

Ross
Looks like someone got a piece of kitchen candy! :w00t: I wanted a large griddle in the past, but since I have the Cuisinart Griddler I couldn't actually justify it. (Sometimes I'm practical. :LOL:) Instead, I had Himself get me an electric skillet one Christmas, which also acts as a shallow electric roaster. I use it mostly for pancakes, but I like how I can make a huge batch of stuffed cabbage in it and not have to use the oven. I've done that only a couple of times over the ages, though, because 16 stuffed cabbage and two people...well, we're pretty tired of them by the time I pull the last bag from the freezer. :(

My Cuisinart Griddler came with a smooth gridler plate on one side and a ridged side grill/pannini on the other side. Plates come off and go into sink. The waffle plate does not have anything on its other side (not usable).

Take out one set and insert other.

Waffle plates

Back
Top Bottom