ISO Electric Roaster with a Stainless Steel Insert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
I need to replace my 18 qt and my 6 qt electric roasters this year. These come with a temperature control, lid, and non-stick insert. The insert after 20 or more times breaks down. I'd prefer a stainless steel removable insert.
(I plan to use my old ones for wax processing for the bees.)
I've also seen the porcelain removable inserts but they may be very heavy and easier to break.
Does anyone make an 18-24 qt or 6-8 qt one with the removable stainless steel insert?

would these work? inserts

don't think I've ever realized the difference between a 'roaster' and a 'slow cooker'.

the roaster is an oven on the counter?

I just googled roasters and there are an awful lot out there! Different sizes and different prices. WOW

Yes @dragnlaw, those plastic liners would work but I don't want a plastic liner. I want an insert in the electric roaster to be stainless so I can use it for hours and hours, even overnight. The roaster has a temperature dial to 450-500 deg F. (a slow cooker might also but usually it just has a high and low setting)

Yes, an oven on the counter (or floor as you might).

Over the years I consistently use the roasters to cook down tomatoes to half volume, and to cook down fruit to half volume. The large roaster is big enough for 9 qts of thick tomato sauce, the smaller roaster will work for 12 lbs of fruit into 6 pint jars. They don't burn on the bottom or sides and the heat comes from the sides.

Last edited:
Ooops, my bad. I didn't realize, just looked at the picture and didn't even see the plastic liner. Sorry.

I have a cuisinart slow cooker that I can sear in as well (lol, one pot cooking).

Check them out and see if there is one big enough for what you want. The insert is metal, nonstick. I got a small one, (4 quart) don't remember just what sizes they come in. Pricey but I loved all the settings.
slow, brown/saute, steam.
start/stop
cooking time in 30 min. increments
cooking temperatures, although have pre-set can still be adjusted +/-
comes with a rack for steaming.

try again shall we? hamilton beach arghhh but nowhere do I see what the insert is made of.

Edit:
do you suppose there is a reason that none have a metal insert?
I can't think why - the cuisinart is metal and that can go for hours!

Back
Top Bottom