ISO best authentic Chinese foods that can be prepared kosher?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
i like very authentic chinese foods.
i'm wondering which of them can be made kosher?

if you can add a photo or two it can be nice also

i like how chciken is prepared in expensive restaurants in china but also the not expensive restaurants.
they take care of it and have some different methods for preparation i think

i've even once had some kind of chinese snack made of chopped dried algea i think and shaves of almonts.
some of the foods are hard to be liked at first but after a while addictive or somethin..

Other than pork dishes and some possibly not kosher meat parts and fish that aren't kosher, isn't most Chinese food going to be kosher, if the meat is? Dairy is not a common ingredient in Chinese food. I guess anything with oyster sauce is out, unless you get a vegan version of oyster sauce. I think there is even a vegan version of fish sauce. So, lots of authentic, Chinese food should be able to be cooked in a kosher way.

Last edited:
Ive had both vegan fish sauce and vegan oyster sauce. The oyster sauce is mushroom based. Has a good taste, similar consistency, but doesnt taste like oyster sauce. I do use it as a replacement. The vegan fish sauces are usually a very salty soy sauce that they mix with a sea weed extract that gives it more of an ocean - like flavor. Ive never actually tasted fish sauce itself ( im sure its been in plenty of dishes ive gotten from restaurants), but I doubt it tastes anything. like. the real thing.

As Taxlady said, as long as the meats are kosher ( and no dairy is used), you should be able to follow many recipes.

Ive had both vegan fish sauce and vegan oyster sauce. The oyster sauce is mushroom based. Has a good taste, similar consistency, but doesnt taste like oyster sauce. I do use it as a replacement. The vegan fish sauces are usually a very salty soy sauce that they mix with a sea weed extract that gives it more of an ocean - like flavor. Ive never actually tasted fish sauce itself ( im sure its been in plenty of dishes ive gotten from restaurants), but I doubt it tastes anything. like. the real thing.

As Taxlady said, as long as the meats are kosher ( and no dairy is used), you should be able to follow many recipes.
It's sort of irrelevant that vegan oyster and fish sauces don't taste like the non-vegan versions. You aren't supposed to taste the fish sauce. It's a flavour enhancer that was in use before MSG. Oyster sauce is similar, but does have some flavour components that are relevant. That's why vegan versions apparently work well. They are mimicking the effects of using those sauces. I recently learned that it isn't kosher to eat fish and meat together, even though fish is usually considered pareve.

i know what kosher food should be certified
but i just don't like eating pork and many other ingredients
and i also ask for people who are eating kosher food and interested in chinese food

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom