ISO Air Fryer Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marmo

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

New to cooking and very new to using an air fryer. Some of the food I've cooked in the AF has come out quite dry and even tasteless, despite looking quite tasty. I shall try wrapping my food in aluminium foil but I was wondering if i tightly or loosely wrapped it?

Kind Regards,
Andy.

Hi all,

New to cooking and very new to using an air fryer. Some of the food I've cooked in the AF has come out quite dry and even tasteless, despite looking quite tasty. I shall try wrapping my food in aluminium foil but I was wondering if i tightly or loosely wrapped it?

Kind Regards,
Andy.
Hi Andy and welcome to DC.

I have been using an A/F for a few years now and enjoy it. I have never wrapped food in foil to keep it from being dry.

As you are a new user, I'd suggest that you look into the many a/f blogs available. I'd start with the manufacturer of the a/f you have purchased.

Search for Air Fryer blogs and you will find some pretty good sites out there.

Good luck. :)

Ross

Hi Marmo, Welcome to DC!

Don't have an Air Fryer so really just want to say hello.
But truth to tell, I've never heard anyone here say anything about food coming out dry - usually the opposite, quite moist.

And as per Just Cooking, look around and see what others have to say.

Let us know how it goes! Is there something specific you don't understand about using it?

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

Usually, when baked or roasted food is dry, it's because it was overcooked. Air fryers cook food faster than regular ovens because of the convection feature (the fan), so try cooking things for less time and see if that's better.

Belly Pork slices would be one of them. I tried cooking some last night with them wrapped in foil and they were delicious but it did take an additional twenty minutes to cook. Before I was cooking them at 200c for 15 minutes per side.

Hi, the use of aluminum foil is to better lock in the moisture of the food.
Remove the aluminum foil if you prefer something crispier.
I use a convection oven from HYSapientia and I usually use aluminum foil when cooking chicken breasts for better flavor.
But I remove the aluminum foil when I'm cooking the french fries. Everything depends on you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom