ISO advice on new toaster oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi, all. Our toaster oven has died, so I'm in search of a new one. It was a workhorse - big enough for a loaf of bread and a small baking dish, I've used it for everything from baking rolls to roasting chicken breasts. Any suggestions?

We got this one when we upgraded the kitchen.
https://www.costco.com/cuisinart-digital-airfryer-toaster-oven.product.100600123.html

It has several functions that you may not need. It even has a "proof" setting. But so does my new gas range.
It air fries excellent. But you must get used to it or you will burn food.
You will also need a couple oil sprayers. One for olive oil and one for other vegetable oil.
Its a few dollars less in the store. Costco.com is always a bit higher.

Cuisinart makes one that has less functions and has spring timers instead of a touch pad.

Last edited:
I don't have any advice about the toaster ovens that are on the market now. I am following along to read what's new in toaster ovens. I have a 25 year old De'Longhi toaster oven that is still working really well, but I don't know how long it will do that. It has a dehydrate setting, which works well. I appreciate not needing a separate appliance for dehydrating.

When I do buy another toaster oven:
  1. I would definitely be happy to buy another toaster oven from De'Longhi.
  2. I would definitely prefer a toaster oven that has a dehydrate setting.

We just went to BB&B and I'm in love with the Ninja[emoji2400] DT201 Foodi[emoji769] 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fry Oven, Dehydrate, Reheat. The only problem is that it's pretty deep and would take up more counter space.

Taxlady, the new toaster ovens have more features and a wider range of temperatures, so they do the traditional things plus dehydrating and air frying. The Ninja I'm looking at has two racks, so you can cook two different foods at the same time.

We haven't decided yet.

I've had my Oster toaster oven since 3-2018 and am still happy with it. I can't remember the last time I had a toaster oven that wasn't a Cuisinart, but I wanted an oven with a big enough box and two racks so I could bake bread and cook multiple items for our dinner. This model is similar to the one I have: Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Oven. Mine has dials for the controls instead of a touchpad, though, and seems to have more options...not that I use them. :LOL: The other difference between this model and my T.O. is the rail for the racks. My T.O. has slots like this oven has: Oster Large Digital Countertop Oven. I can roast a 5# chicken, bake a full rack of ribs between the two shelves, bake a pan of chicken parts or fish or pork chops on one rack while doing a veggie on the other. I've even made two pans of scones, rotating and alternating racks half way through baking.

It's not as fancy as the Ninja you looked at, but it can be had at Target for under $100. When I looked I considered the Cuisinart air fryer really hard, but decided that I wouldn't be using that feature enough to justify the cost difference - plus it didn't have a real second rack. Rather, I would have to use the air fryer basket as my second shelf. However, the Oster has a convection function. If I use that when making my potato wedges they get all crispy and bubbly on the exterior, soft and pillowy inside. Tasty!

I've had excellent luck with Ninja products so far, they seem very well thought out.

Breville makes really good ones too. Mine is a no name that looks a lot like a breville but the quality isn't good like a breville. I don't expect it to last a long time but it works really well for everything but toast, lol. I use it pretty much every day, I'd never owned one until about 5 years ago, now I'd be lost without it!
We just went to BB&B and I'm in love with the Ninja[emoji2400] DT201 Foodi[emoji769] 10-in-1 XL Pro Air Fry Oven, Dehydrate, Reheat. The only problem is that it's pretty deep and would take up more counter space.

Taxlady, the new toaster ovens have more features and a wider range of temperatures, so they do the traditional things plus dehydrating and air frying. The Ninja I'm looking at has two racks, so you can cook two different foods at the same time.

We haven't decided yet.

Yikes! You guys bake bread in your toaster oven ?

Mine is like a $15 from Target which toasts my bread and cooks my tater tots

I’ll rethink this when it dies

A couple years ago our older-than-dirt toaster oven went belly up. I don't even remember the brand but it was one I bought at Walmart for next to nothing.

It had a wonderful interior capacity and, on occasion, I baked bread in it. But the thing I really liked was that it had a rotisserie, which was used often. That was a feature the new one HAD to have.

Took a while and finally decided on this one.

I couldn't be happier and the interior dimensions are somewhat larger, heightwise, than the old one but, overall, fits where the other one did.

For some unknown reason I saved the racks from the dead oven and, surprise, they fit this one.

Makes toast perfectly and as my husband likes to say, chicken on the merry-go-round is great.

A couple years ago our older-than-dirt toaster oven went belly up. I don't even remember the brand but it was one I bought at Walmart for next to nothing.

For some unknown reason I saved the racks from the dead oven and, surprise, they fit this one.
You know the reason - it's in your genes, and you just hate to throw things away!:LOL:
I'm having that problem now, with the shelves and large baskets from my dead freezer - all sorts of things are going through my mind, as to what I could do with those things! I'm trying to think of something to use those huge baskets for out in the garden, but they're too large, so I'll give all of it to a hoarding friend of mine.

I like that replacement oven you got, because it's not computerized, like most are these days! And we all know, that's what goes on things first.

Last edited:
Yikes! You guys bake bread in your toaster oven ?

Mine is like a $15 from Target which toasts my bread and cooks my tater tots

I’ll rethink this when it dies

Mine is pretty large, more of a counter top oven. I've baked in it quite a lot, mine will hold a 12" pizza easily as well as a 9x13" pan and has a pizza function that runs both the top and bottom elements. It's also convection. I wouldn't be without one that can double as a second smaller oven.

GG, I've had a Breville Smart Ovens for years. It's truly a workhorse. I can go weeks without turning on my real oven. It has convection, dehydration, toast (not great), broiler, air fryer, etc. It's a bit pricier than the ones at BBB & Costco, but quality is heads over the others.

It really doubles as a second oven.

Last edited:
A few years ago I bought a Breville convection toaster oven. I've been pretty happy with it. It's also an air fryer, although I've only used it once to reheat some left over onion rings.

I got it on sale at BBB and even though the coupon excludes Breville, It was no problem using the coupon as well.

I did a lot of looking before I bought one. Three years on, I'm very happy with it. It wasn't expensive. The rotating door is a brilliant design— I don't have to bend over to peer and poke inside. It still works perfectly.

lKv9Gl1.jpg

No waiting for the main oven to preheat and it doesn't warm up the kitchen much in summer. I've cooked all sorts of things in it. Perfect for 2-3 people.

my biggest problem and the main reason I decided not to get anything was all the reviews on most of the appliances talked about exterior heat.

Not actually being in a kitchen I didn't want any problems with heat to the walls and with limited space most appliances would be all in close proximity to each other and the walls.

I love my Breville Smart Oven. It does everything from toast to roasts, cookies and... Bread! It bakes a fine loaf of bread. I def use it more than I use the oven.
I keep it about 5 inches from the wall when I'm roasting, and I haven;t had any problems with it.

I did a lot of looking before I bought one. Three years on, I'm very happy with it. It wasn't expensive. The rotating door is a brilliant design— I don't have to bend over to peer and poke inside. It still works perfectly.

lKv9Gl1.jpg

No waiting for the main oven to preheat and it doesn't warm up the kitchen much in summer. I've cooked all sorts of things in it. Perfect for 2-3 people.
This looks wonderful. What brand is this? Do you have a link? Pretty please.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom