ISO a French Press coffee maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm assuming that the need for the French press has come and gone, but to me, it seems a bit like The Emperor's new clothes.

Pour hot water over ground coffee, let it steep, filter/strain, and enjoy.

The older I get, the more I cook like I'm in a vacation rental with one dented pot and a melted plastic spoon. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

New Category! "How I do it Now"

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

True. Last night, hotdogs. Tonight, fish sticks. I don't care anymore.

For the record, my French Press is metal.

If you are worried about breakage, Amazon has a stainless steel French press. It would be more difficult to break. But like the man said, "I bought a suit with two pairs of pants and I burnt a hole in the jacket!"

BTW, a French press is great for making cold brew coffee.

A French Press is also great in a power outage.
I know and I have used them that way. But, for the past 10 years or so, I don't think of it. We have a Bialetti moka maker that we use during power outages. I should try to remember the French press too.

I've never really enjoyed coffee from a French Press. My SIL made it all the time and they both loved it... but I found it too... I want to say chalky but that's not the right word. At any rate I have not had some in many years, perhaps I'll try it again some day.

I've never really enjoyed coffee from a French Press. My SIL made it all the time and they both loved it... but I found it too... I want to say chalky but that's not the right word. At any rate I have not had some in many years, perhaps I'll try it again some day.
I think that's what happens when the beans aren't ground coarsely enough.

That's a very strong possibility - or at least that what I was told a long time ago, but at that time different grinds were not always a common way except for very persnickety coffee afficionados.
They also were very addicted to Blue Mountain - woof - now, dat's a stronnng coffee!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom