Is there an indoor double-sided electric grill that doesn't stick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salilsurendran

Assistant Cook
I was wondering if there is an indoor double sided electric grill that is completely non-stick. I have tried many electric indoor grills but when I cook chicken it sticks to the top side of the grill and makes it a pain to take the meat out especially when the grill is hot. Also is there any way to keep the meat hot on the grill for 8 hours or so without it getting completely dry due to the heat?

griddler.jpg
Do you mean something like this? Just because they are called non-stick does not mean you don't have to put some oil. Even just wiping a paper towel with some oil on it should do the trick. I have never had chicken stick on mine.

As to keeping chicken warm for 8 hours - only way you are going to be able to do that is in a slow cooker or braising in an oven.
Leave chicken on a griddle for 8 hours and you're going to have to cut it with a chainsaw. Especially if you have the heat at a temperature that will keep it food safe. I don't remember off hand what that temperature is but I don't think 8 hours comes into the equation.

Perhaps if you explain why you need to keep it that long, we could possibly help with an answer.

OK, that's the same thing as the Cuisinart Griddler I posted a picture of. Here is a link.... Indoor grill
As you can see there are many different models. Open it flat or fold/close it. I use mine almost everyday. Bacon and egg in the mornings, pancakes, grilled cheese sandwiches, panini's, grilled chicken, pork chops. Yep, and hot dogs too plus toasting the buns.
Love it, don't know what I'd do without it now.

I also have the waffle plates that go with it.

But... you cannot keep food warm on this device for 8 hours.

I also recommend the Cuisinart Griddler. It does a lot of things well.

I absolutely DO NOT recommend trying to keep cooked chicken warm for eight hours. It will be totally inedible.

It will be cremated if it's left on the grill for 8 hours.
By then who cares? R.I.P. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom