Is it normal to feel sweetier when you get older?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
I remember when I was a teenager or in my 20s, when I drank anything advertised to be "low sugar" I almost always felt that it wasn't sweet enough. Now, in my mid 30s, I almost always feel that those "low sugar" drinks are sweet enough, or sometimes more than enough. Is it normal or abnormal?

It's normal for your tastes to change. If you restrict salt, you notice salty food more and tend to enjoy less salty things. If you restrict sugar, you notice the natural sweetness in fruits and vegetables more and tend to prefer less sweet things. This also goes for fat receptors, if you restrict fat/oil, you notice the it more and enjoy food with less than before you restricted it. Your taste buds replace themselves every 11 days, so your tastes will change.

Sirloin, :ROFLMAO:

When I was a kid I loved sour, dill pickles, sweet tarts.
Teenager: chips and pizza
Adult: potato chips, doritoes, dill pickle chips
Now: fruit, sour and tart fruit, mushroom gravy. I eat now mostly to stop hunger, for satiation, then move on to fun activities. (like yelling at kids on my lawn)

I seem to have gone in the opposite direction, in so far as salt is concerned. Rarely cooked with salt and now.... gads add it to everything!

Sugar?... well, we won't go there.

How has it affected me? Only my doctor knows for sure and I ain't asking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom