In Search Of Hot Beverage, Vicariously

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I enjoy a good malted milk, or at least I used to when dairy was more allowed in my diet. I also enjoy a hot chocolate, or eggnog every so often. So, while contemplating the two, I wondered; what if you took your favorite shake/malt, no matter the flavor, ,and heated it until it steamed. Think of the possibilities, a hot French vanilla, or maybe a pistachio, or even a great butterscotch hot malt/shake. Can you dream of anything better than a rich and creamy chocolate shake/malt served hot? It would still be creamy, smooth. and rich with flavor. And the possibilities are endless; butter pecan. maplenut; strawberry; strawberry cheesecake; whatever your favorite flavor might be.

Would anyone like to try this and report back? Simply make your favorite shake/malt, and then heat it up.

If you added cornstarch to it, it would make really unique puddings as well. Curious minds like mine want to know.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

While co

Chief, have you tried some dairy alternatives? Rice milk, oat milk, and almond milk, are easy to make at home. You can make them in a blender and then strain, or don't strain. They warm up nicely, and slightly thicken upon heating, especially the rice and oat milks. Those two give a nice creamy mouth feel and go well with chocolate. The almond milk we have as a treat once in a blue moon due to the higher fat. We gave up dairy a couple years ago for health reasons and don't miss it or the health problems.

Back
Top Bottom