In drawer knife block

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fabricgator

Assistant Cook
Hi. I'd like to purchase an in drawer knife block (if that is what they are called in a drawer) to store my knives. I want to get my knives off of the counter. I primarily have Cutco knives that I have had for years, and I have some others as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for knife storage within the drawers?

Thanks!

Hi. I'd like to purchase an in drawer knife block (if that is what they are called in a drawer) to store my knives. I want to get my knives off of the counter. I primarily have Cutco knives that I have had for years, and I have some others as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for knife storage within the drawers?

Thanks!

Welcome to DC.

I don't have enough drawer space to store my knives. I use a magnetic knife bar on the wall under a kitchen cabinet. I find it very handy and it doesn't cost me valuable drawer real estate.

When I first moved into my apartment, I bought a selection of fairly inexpensive knives from a kitchen supply store while I was waiting for my good knives in a knife block to be shipped to me. There was a 10" chef's knife, a boning knife, a serrated bread knife, a couple of sanokus and some steak knives. I didn't want them banging around loose in a drawer, so I bought this bamboo drawer block from Amazon.

81Q6nTeHv4L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

It id also available at Walmart and K-Mart if they are still in business. I think I paid about 20 Bucks American for it.

In the house, I have a knife block on the counter. Easy access and I have a collection of knives. Like others, I don't want to give up the valuable drawer space. However, in the RV, I don't want a knife block that could/would go flying. In the RV, I have a drawer setup. Not so many knives and not so valuable either. I had to buy two, one larger & one smaller to have DH cut the smaller one down for a custom fit to the drawer. So, they stay in their place and don't shift as we drive down the road.

IMG_5543.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom